cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Trouble using antenna with Smart TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The antenna works fine on my other Samsung TV.  I put the input on TV and scanned, and it found all my local channels.  So it's not the antenna.  So the problem with the Smart TV is that it's not recognizing the antenna and not giving me a TV source option to choose from?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It wouldn't let me reply to the last post, so I'm replying to an earlier one.  Here is a picture of the sources I get with the antenna hooked up.20190727_125628.jpg

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I ask if you are using a DirectTV antenna?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure what you are asking.  When I click on the DirecTV source, it comes up with my DirecTV channels.  It doesn't ask me anything about scanning.  And when it's on the DirecTV source, and I go to Settings, the Broadcast Option is still greyed out.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm, have you tried a factory reset on the TV with the antenna connected? The reset itself would not affect the antenna while connected, but it may help the TV to recognize the antenna when it boots back up. If the reset changes nothing, my next recommendation would be to have a service technician out as it might be a bad coax port on the TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I've had a similar issue, my new TV doesn't pick up any channel from my antenna. I've tried the factory reset and switching it off at the plug, but it still doesn't find any local channels. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, air antenna was not recognized by Samsung 2020 smart tv but works ok with an older model.  Before reset the TV to factory default, gave a 2nd thought, so I disconnected power cord for a few minutes and tried again. Still no help. I repeated that and waited for 2 hours before reconnect. This time I was able to see in setup/broadcast/auto scan.  It picks up over 70 channels and also added a Live TV Air icon to the smarthub bar. I am able to change channel with Samsung remote control . Interestingly, after the last discovered air channel, Samsung TV channel will continue on.  I think Samsung has to fix the bug that let many cord cutting people dealing with this difficulty.  

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just did the factory reset like you suggested, and it worked!  As it was doing the reset, it found the antenna and scanned for channels. I didn't see it as a source at first, but went to the TV Plus source, and my local channels were in the guide.  Thank you so much for all your help!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, hopefully you can help, we did a reset and it didn't work 

we've done everything of the above and linked with an air cable but nothing is working 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Could you provide the model of the television?