JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble using antenna with Smart TV

(Topic created: 06-03-2022 09:41 AM)
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am trying to hook up an antenna to my Samsung 4k HD Smart TV.  When I go to the Source menu, there is no source for the antenna.  If I click on the TV option, it brings me to TV Plus instead of prompting me to scan for over the air channels.  Also, when I go to Settings and then Broadcast, the Broadcast option is greyed out.  My TV is connected to the Internet.  I checked for updates and there were none.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

38 Replies
userfUF0LTgLw0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for posting this worked! 

0 Likes
usericXx8ZUsOV
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You must first select TV or TV Plus depending on TV model or age to put the TV in broadcast antenna mode . This will cause Broadcast TV to no longer be grayed out. Now go to settings and select Broadcast TV the Scan Channels. Ffor more detail see the following  link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/

cindyloujack
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I purchased a Samsung series 7 TU7000 Crystal UHD TV a few days ago. I am so frustrated and disappointed. I also have antenna hooked up as I do not want a satellite service. The older TV (not smart TV) has 138 digital and 3 analog channels. The new Samsung gets MAYBE 9 channels, yet it scanned in 16 (7 of which say mode not supported, or not available. Can't even get Fox News app.
0 Likes
userjWqbJlQrFD
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I can not get this Samsung TV to change from cable to antenna
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh no!  Here's a link with some info to get you back viewing television with your antenna: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
DavidLowe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
So question I am trying to connect a vcr to the antenna (coax cable) port but I don't see how to select that input!!
0 Likes
user55PngKVmUb
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, same issue here. My tv does not show up air-tv option in the sources. My model is UN75AU8000FXZA

0 Likes
user7EpDSpctcR
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi. I had the same issue. It does not come up under antennae input.

Go to settings/broadcast/auto program

Select "air' for how to get your channels.

Make sure Antennae is close to a window.

It will scan and then place the Live TV icon on your hub.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for sharing!  

0 Likes