JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tv disconnecting from wifi

(Topic created: 12-18-2020 07:55 AM)
userPibmTESmB5
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My Samsung 70 inch smart tv when turned off for a certain amount of time disconnects from the wifi. I have to reset the network settings and re enter my password every time. I've tried troubleshooting and still the same problem. How do I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does the issue occur after performing a factory reset? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician remote into the unit and try to correct it this way. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Our Samsung Frame TV does that occasionally, BUT it doesn't do it every time the TV is turned off.

Something to keep in mind, modern day TVs do not "power down" when they are turned off. For example, I can be in the barn apartment and use SmartThings to control (let's say, turn it on) the TV that's hundreds and hundreds of feet away in the house (or even 1/2 mile away in the pasture) ... this can be done because the TV is not technically powered down.

Our TV loses its Wifi connection randomly, even when Wifi is up and all other devices are connected.

The way I "fix" the issue is to turn the power off at the surge protector (you DO have a surge protector for your TV, correct?). Obviously, powering off at the surge protector completely removes power to the TV. I wait 30 seconds, then power up the surge protector. Then, power up the TV, and voila!, the TV reconnects to Wifi.

The next time you turn the TV off, (wait about 15 minutes), log into your Wifi router and check to see if the TV is still connected. No? You might want to change the Allocation type from DHCP to Static, then re-test.

Another issue could be distance of TV from router. A weak signal could contribute to a disconnect when the TV is turned off.
0 Likes
user3YYCrqbABQ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same issue, I have to unplug the tv than it connects back. 
no one has solve the issue yet? 
I bought a Mesh WiFi unit to give more power but it still loses connection after tv is turn off for awhile so it's not a weak WiFi signal causing issue. 

Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does the issue occur after performing a factory reset? If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician remote into the unit and try to correct it this way. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJvT3kSh6Hm
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is obviously a Samsung issue that needs to be addressed by Samsung. It is happening to many customers, and suggesting each customer to contact a tech for remote service is not the solution. You need to figure this out and issue a software update. 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Try holding down the power button for at least 5 seconds until the unit reboots and shows the Tizen logo. Then reconnect to your Wifi. Our Product Experts are currently looking into this.

usertJV9ZLArJG
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This has worked every time I've done it, but I agree they need a software update to make this unnecessary.

0 Likes
user3nHm52AOWU
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am in the exact same boat. Almost weekly I have to restore the network connection. It’s so annoying.  What do we do for this? My tv isn’t even 90 days old. Nothing else in the house disconnects but the tv. Inches from the router. 

dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same situation as others. Seems like every few days or so I need to re-do network setup on tv. No other devices with this problem, just tv. 

user9YoM0hUJD0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have this issue also. I can see my SSID and it is showing a 5GHZ symbol and see neighbors SSIDs but never connects. I can reset etc.... and nothing fixes it till I do a Network Reset and re-enter my password and it will work a week or 2 days - you never know. I did the Device Care, Factory Reset, etc.. and nothing works. TV is 3 feet from a Wireless router. I have a 5 year old Samsung Smart TV and it had so many issues with wireless I had to run a wired connection. Never Samsung again if they don't get this fixed soon!