JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tv is turning itself on..

(Topic created: 02-04-2023 05:34 AM)
Amarx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a model #qn75q60bdfzxa and no matter what I do keeps turning itself on after being powered off.

I have no devices attached to it and it is connected to wifi.

Things I've tried:

- unplugging the tv and waiting 5 minutes then plugging back in

- reset the tv

- checked the event logs (https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-the-samsung-tv-that-keeps-...)

- disabled smart things

- sleep timer is off

I'm out of ides... a tv that doesn't turn off isnt a very good tv

Thanks for any ideas...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is definitely a strange occurrence. I would recommend disconnecting the TV from Wi-Fi entirely to see if this still occurs. Also, I would recommend disabling power on with mobile by the following: Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If this does not help then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service set up
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Amarx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Seems like this is the new error being generated when the tv turns on... its turning on at random times.

IMG_9789.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is definitely a strange occurrence. I would recommend disconnecting the TV from Wi-Fi entirely to see if this still occurs. Also, I would recommend disabling power on with mobile by the following: Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If this does not help then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service set up
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes