Original topic:

Tv not connecting to router

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 9:52 AM)
Matt-85
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi everyone. 

I am having trouble with my tv not connecting to my router. Tv is 3 years old and has always connected to the same router. I have done a network status check and it says the MAC address is invalid. This has never happened before as have always had reasonable connectivity. I have reset the tv to factory settings but no joy. Software is all up to date too. I would like to add that when i turn it off and on, it connects briefly for around 2 minutes then stops all together. model - UE55MU6500

0 Likes
6 Replies
mjpad1956
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
the receiver in the TV may have stopped working i had the same problem. I just use the firestick
0 Likes
Matt-85
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Any particular stick you’d recommend?

0 Likes
NikOnJava
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am assuming you are having issues connecting to your WiFi network. Try changing the DNS Settings. After you test WiFi connectivity, click on IP Settings, then DNS Settings. Change to Enter Manually and enter 8.8.8.8. Click done and try the connect test again.

0 Likes
Matt-85
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have tried that and other varieties of a similar combination found elsewhere. Still no joy

0 Likes
NikOnJava
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

Found these in EU forum, you might have already tried these combinations. 

Power off (plug out from the outlet ) the TV for 30 seconds  and plug  back in in

Go to Menu->Support ->Self Diagnosis ->Reset

This will reset TV settings and will need to power on TV at this point

This is new settings and you need to go through setting your language etc.

This will try to reconnect , though possibly may connect to  modem but not Internet

If still an issue, reset DNS Network -> status -> IP settings and set DNS to  or  4.2.2.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

0 Likes
Matt-85
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Back again. Have tried the above. Works for about 10 minutes then cuts out again

0 Likes