JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UA-46C6200, no sound from TV speakers after connecting and disconnecting external speakers

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 04:17 AM)
useru2JIjzv1ft
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

I have this model which worked fine but I wanted to improve the sound quality so I connected external speakers to the the headphones input in the upper left corner of the TV.

This did the job but now when I disconnect the speakers' 3.5 cable I don't get the sound back from the TV speakers.

When I press volume I see a headphones image in the volume circle as if the speakers are still connected.

In audio setup the 'Speaker Select' option is grey and I can't change it although it does say 'TV Speaker'.

If I reconnect the external speakers they work again but as I said disconnecting them doesn't bring the TV speakers back.

What can be done?

TIA.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useru2JIjzv1ft
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update: By chance I discovered that the physical headphones green input in the top left of the TV wasn't alligned correctly, playing with it gently stopped the headphones mode the TV was in and returned the TV speakers.

For anyone who might encounter this problem in the future.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
useru2JIjzv1ft
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update: By chance I discovered that the physical headphones green input in the top left of the TV wasn't alligned correctly, playing with it gently stopped the headphones mode the TV was in and returned the TV speakers.

For anyone who might encounter this problem in the future.

0 Likes