Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhV7u1gRHo1
Asteroid

UA48H5500 SUBMICOM Upgrade issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

We got a used Samsung UA48H5500AWXXY and in the service menu I accidentally selected the SUBMICOM Upgrade (see attached images). When I realised the TV was unresponsive, I googled it and saw that many others had the same issue. Basically the TV doesn't respond to any remote functions, as well as the joy stick behind the TV. The IR light doesn't flash at all. There is a red light also coming from behind the TV. I found on a forum that most people turn off their TV from the main power out of panic, and it will not turn on again. However, I did not do this and the TV is still on as I'm typing this. So I can see what's on TV, and luckily it's frozen on my Roku box, so I can still change the channel etc. But I can't keep it on forever, it's in the bedroom where we sleep. Apparently because I prompted the upgrade, the TV is waiting for a file to be uploaded via external source...

I've already tried downloading the firmware from https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/UA48H5500AWXXY/ and extracting on a USB and plugging it in the TV, however this does not prompt anything. I was reading that I can do a micom upgrade through a DDC manager (like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-MasTech-MTI-2059-Service-Jig-DDC-Manager-/332563697648) but I literally have no idea how to get started, which DDC manager I should get, where to get it from, and where to get the files needed for the micom upgrade. Can you please help me with how to get started?

Please help!

I am considering turning it off... but if i turn it off then apparently it becomes a hardware issue (changing the Weltrend chip and a few other ones too? As seen here https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4555&start=10). Would rather not get to that stage, however if it is required, then can someone please point me in the direction on where to get the parts from and a guided briefing on how to replace them on the mainboard? I live in Australia FYI.

Thank you all in advance and I hope to solve the issue soon!

Regards,

Bradley.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userhV7u1gRHo1
Asteroid

Re: UA48H5500 SUBMICOM Upgrade issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright we just turned it off... Aaaand GREAT NEWS, it turned back on and it works!!!!!!!!!! So relieved. 

Tip for anyone who has this problem - DO NOT TURN THE TV OFF STRAIGHT AWAY UPON IT FREEZING. Try and load up a USB flash drive that has the extracted firmware files on it by plugging it into all USB ports in the TV and leaving it in each for at least 2 minutes to see if anything loads up. I left the TV on overnight for like 20 hours before switching it off. After I checked the flash drive on my computer, the TV wrote a ".cm0013" file onto it, which is apparently from the multimedia module of the TV.

I was actually expecting it to brick but thankfully it didn't and it works perfectly.

All the best,

Brad.

3 REPLIES 3
userhV7u1gRHo1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright we just turned it off... Aaaand GREAT NEWS, it turned back on and it works!!!!!!!!!! So relieved. 

Tip for anyone who has this problem - DO NOT TURN THE TV OFF STRAIGHT AWAY UPON IT FREEZING. Try and load up a USB flash drive that has the extracted firmware files on it by plugging it into all USB ports in the TV and leaving it in each for at least 2 minutes to see if anything loads up. I left the TV on overnight for like 20 hours before switching it off. After I checked the flash drive on my computer, the TV wrote a ".cm0013" file onto it, which is apparently from the multimedia module of the TV.

I was actually expecting it to brick but thankfully it didn't and it works perfectly.

All the best,

Brad.

userhV7u1gRHo1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pics for referenceIMG_20190601_154901.jpgFrozen on this screen, however background works (was on the Roku box HDMI input). Volume and all other functions did not work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!