cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UE40EH6030 powering off and on again randomly

I have had the TV for a while, but not used it in a couple of years. Recently set it up again and bought a new apple TV to add all the streaming I can handle without having to purchase a new TV... just as I did that it decided to start powering off and on at random intervals? It could be conincidental regarding the addition of the Apple TV, but very annoying timing... Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: UE40EH6030 powering off and on again randomly

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your tv. Please delegate what year and model tv it is. You can try these troubleshooting tips that usually help. 1. you can unplug and power off for at least 20 seconds. 2. Reset the tv from the Settings panel (not wipe it clean but just a reset). 3. If there are apps that are affecting the t.v. I would rid your tv of any harmful applications added on. I hope that I have served your purpose. Once again I do hope this troubleshooting technique works for you. Have a great day and thanks for choosing Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the fast response!

So, the details on the back are as follows:

Model Code: UE40EH6030KXXU

Version No: 01

Serial Number.... would this help??

As for year, I honestly cant remember what year I bought it in. Perhaps 2013/14?

In terms of the troubleshooting, I have tried I numeber of things already. The powering on and off I have already tried, and also tried various combinations of powerleads and sockets in the house to eliminate the possibility its an external power issue. I have also looked to see if there are any updates available for it and it says its fully up to date in terms of software. I will try resetting it from setting menu, but is there any validity in restoring to factory settings?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Dear userD2FbMntOSw

I hope your day is going well.

Regarding the Television set powering off and on at certain intervals is due to your apple tv setting. On your Apple TV, there should be a setting that allowed control of shutting off and powering on a device connected to it via HDMI. If you don't want that option please turn that setting off.

I hope I was able to help you with your problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.