JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN32EH5300F loses network configuration

(Topic created on: 9/24/19 6:18 PM)
demasb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My UN32EH5300F LED TV loses the network configuration after turning off the TV.  When I turn it back on and try to connect to my WIFI, all the network configuration has to be entered again (Router name, security type and key).  Once input it connects fine and works well. Is there something I can do to make it retain this data?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
micdep0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, this may be a memory issue within the network adapter. Try updating the TVs firmware through the settings app, go to settings app and go to general and see if there is an option to check for updates, do this when you are connected to your network. If there is an update update it and see if the problem continues, and if it does try resetting the TV to factory condition meaning when it was new out of the box, if it still does that then contact Samsung directly through Samsung's website using phone or chat. Hope this helps, :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
micdep0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, this may be a memory issue within the network adapter. Try updating the TVs firmware through the settings app, go to settings app and go to general and see if there is an option to check for updates, do this when you are connected to your network. If there is an update update it and see if the problem continues, and if it does try resetting the TV to factory condition meaning when it was new out of the box, if it still does that then contact Samsung directly through Samsung's website using phone or chat. Hope this helps, :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
demasb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for the recommendations, I will give them a try and report back.

0 Likes
demasb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I checked for updates, the menu item was grayed out. I reset the tv to factory settings and reconfigured the network settings. The problem now is when turned on the network doesn’t connect until I check the network status. The values seem to be retained at least, but’s it a pain to review the status every time it’s turned on.  I tried turning the tv on and waiting 5-10 minutes before trying the network connection, it makes no difference, I need to check the status before it actually connects.  Next step to contact Samsung?

0 Likes
demasb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The factory reset fixed the issue, I ran it a second time and during the initial setup I chose to re-enter the network configuration instead of using the settings from the previous setup. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes