cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UN40D6300 Will Not Connect to Internet - Get Server Not Found Message

My UN40D6300 Web Browser will not connect to the Internet and I receive a "Server Not Found" Message as soon as I enter the Web Browser, when the browser tries to sign into Google.   I have signed in and attempted to connect to several Internet sites with both http// and https// protocol and get the same results.  My Wi-Fi and Internet connection work fine on all of my other equipment, so I know that there is no problem with the Internet or my router.  I have performed a hard reset of the TV with no joy.  

The serial number of the TV is <hidden> and the Smart Hub version is 3.745-6.0.00061. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN40D6300 Will Not Connect to Internet - Get Server Not Found Message

Do any of your other apps on your TV connect to the internet? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dear Caleb,

Thanks for your help.  I only have a few apps loaded on my system and get different results from each one.  When I try to connect to "Los Angeles News", I get the splash screen with the weather, but when I try to connect to any of the Videos, I get a "Playback Error", stating that the "Connection Failed".  When I try to sign into BBC News, I get a message stating "This Application is not currently available on your device".  When I try to load "Plex", I get a Log-In Failed" message.

When I run "Network Status" under the tools menu, it tells me that both my Wireless and Internet connection are complete, but I still can't connect using the "Web Browser".

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Due to the age of the unit, the apps that you have referred to are no longer compatible. The developers for these apps are no longer supporting the operations platform. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I would expect that new streaming and media applications would not work on my TV due to it's age, but since not much has happened with the Internet over the past decade or two, I wouldn't expect that the age of the TV would effect the Web Browser function.    Would you confirm that this is the case or that there could be a setting that I'm missing?

I appreciate your help

Rick

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It seems as though all of the troubleshooting and settings have been covered. I believe the web browser would fall under the same compatibility issue due to it also being an app on the TV.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Glad that I can be a part of Samsung

Glad that I can be a part of Samsung