Original topic:

UN43TU7000 Hung after 1hour power off. requires cold boot to fix. ???

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 02:29 PM)
notchangabe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

unboxed a UHD 7000 over weekend.  worked pretty good, only connection was ethernet (cat6).  

But overnight when I turned it back on, screen frozen.  remote working OK, verified by camera phone, TV power button doesn't work either.

pulling power cord fixes the problem, and tv works normally again.

symptoms:  Using Samsung TV+ channels, watching a channel, and power off.  want over 1.5 hours to turn back on.  consistently, the remote power turns on the tv, I hear audio and see moving video for a few seconds (2-4). then it freezes.  get shown the initial screen (samsung account, and apps below), but nothing works.

pull the cord, wait a few seconds and plug it back in, and as long as I'm watching it works fine.  

I had roku and a pc connected, also had a UPS, eliminated all of them to isolate problem to samsung tv,

-at least 1x I turn it back on after shorter period of being off, and its lagging, slow to respond,  I see the working circle in upper right corner, I press remote buttons that don't appear to work, but then all of the sudden its like they the buffer was flushed and the tv is on a new channel or setting ,,, probably something I pressed when I didn't think it was working.

scheduled warranty service for next week.

any ideas?  to me its seems like its trying to get a internet connection, and there's a timing issue, hard wired connection.  

stumped....  

0 Likes
3 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If it's buffering I would think it's the network.
0 Likes
notchangabe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I HATE this editor... won't let me post speedtest results... down =161.9  up 187 mbts

lets see if it takes this....

0 Likes
notchangabe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

anyway, the internet is fast, able to run video on wifi on 2 chrome books, and a pc, plus the samsung.

-but only using 1 direct connect link when issue occurs.

0 Likes