JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN50NU7100f: 50" Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV: turns on, logo flickers, then reboots over and over.

(Topic created on: 11/19/20 6:45 PM)
TheHirsches
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a couple year old UN50NU7100f: 50" Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV that just recently starting having major issues.

If I plug it in, it turns on automatically, shows the smart TV logo, but flickers, then shows the bottom menu for a moment then reboots itself over and over.  

I have tried unplugging and pushing the power button on the TV for longer than 20 seconds multiple times.   I've tried different plugs and cords.    I've unplugged every cord except the power.   I've removed the batteries from the remote completely.   I've waited a few hours between tries.

Here is a link to a video of the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUDkt31gn0opshAPyaz-AjnbfBtIF2EC/view?usp=sharing

Is this the main board, the power supply or something else I can replace or is it just a junk TV I need to replace with a non-Samsung?   Yes, it is out of warranty so I have no issue opening the back up.

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, do you by chance have this plugged into a surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TheHirsches
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have tried with a surge protector as well as in the wall socket alone.

I have tried a new power cord as I have another samsung tv.

Any  suggestions?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello try the following: 

• Turn off the Anynet+:
    • This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote.
      • You can turn off Anynet+ in Settings General External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices. 
  • Try to update the software.
    • In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.
  • Disable the Power On with Mobile option.
    • TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
    • Navigate to Settings General Network Expert Settings Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the unit is still powering on and off after completing the troubleshooting steps above then service is required. You can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
TheHirsches
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As I stated in my origional post as well as what was demonstrated in the video I gave a link for, the tv does not stay on long enough to access the menus.   

It shows the smart TV logo for a second, the logo flickers, then the tv shuts down and reboots.   

I have read all the various posts about how to disable various things, but cannot get to that option.

0 Likes