JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55D6300 TV continuous buzzing sound

(Topic created: 06-14-2020 07:30 PM)
user4ezySiZoyQ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have ensured the software is updated, changed the audio out to PCM (not Dolby), reset SmartHub, and removed each HDMI and USB connection to test; but the TV continues to buzz. It buzzes in every situation (e.g., when I play a video (Bluray that has surround sound), when I'm streaming, in SmartHub mode, with and without connections). It is connected directly to my Internet router (wired), but it still buzzes when I remove the connector and use the wireless feature.

It was working fine for the past 6 years. Then, all of a sudden started buzzing. At first, I could watch TV and stream for a couple of hours before it started buzzing. Now, it buzzes as soon as I turn on the TV. Should I just give up and purchase a new TV, at this point? Is this one at end-of-life?

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you added any new devices to the room or next to the television? Is there anything new on that circuit/breaker? 

Have you tried using different cables? Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Have you tried a different surge protector?

0 Likes
user4ezySiZoyQ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There were no new devices in the room when the buzzing began; neithere were any new devices added to the circuit breaker. I didn't replace any cables, but I removed the TV antenna (that included an amplifier that plugged into a USB port) and replaced it with a rabbit ears antenna that only had a connector for the antenna input port. I also moved the HDMI cable for the surround sound Bluray player from port 4 to 2.

None of these things seemed to stop the buzzing while the TV was still on. I turned it off and back on the following day (today) and NO BUZZING. So, to be honest, I don't really know what actually stopped the buzzing, but the TV has been on for 3 hours, so far, without any sign of buzzing. So, it could have been one of the things that I did or a combination of everything. I'm just hoping that it lasts.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm glad it's gone for now. Keep an eye on the setup, in my opinion, it's likely a connector or cable issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes