cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UN55ES8000 Arc functionality

We recently bought a new set for our living room so our old Samsung UN55ES8000 set got relo'd to our bedroom to replace our tiny set in there.  I also moved the soundbar we had been using into the bedroom as well. Soundbar is a Samsung HWH550.  I'm trying in vain to get arc to work properly so I don't have to manually turn on the soundbar each time we turn the tv on.  Now, once the TV is on and I manually turn on the soundbar it does display ARC on the soundbar and the volume, etc. works seamlessly but I'd love to be able to not have to keep the two separate remotes on the nightstand.  When I turn the TV off, the soundbar also shuts off automatically like it should.  I just can't get it to power on when the Tv turns on.  Interestingly enough, when I first moved everything into the bedroom it did work like it's supposed to, at some point though, it just stopped turning on with the TV.  I tried swapping out the hdmi cable just in case something weird was going in there...but that didn't help either.  Weird, yes?  I'm open to more suggestions if ya'll have 'em.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55ES8000 Arc functionality

We are sorry to hear about this. Please go into the menus on both devices and make sure that the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) options are still enabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, both are still enabled. Again, the soundbar displays ARC once I turn the power on separately and the soundbar also turns off when the tv is turned off. It just will not turn on when the TV turns on, that's the part I'm trying to figure out. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your current firmware version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.