cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGrUKv0zf9K
Constellation

UN55JS Screen is dark HELP!!!

I have a UN55JS9000FXZA. What I'm experiencing is a dark screen. I can see the screen but it's not bright like it used too be. When it's a white screen it's like a dark shadow in the middle. When I do a factory reset  and I can  bearly see what it says.

This is what I have done.

factory rest 

picture rest

un plug everything for an hour  tv one source cable and power everything. 

Try different  inputs 

different cables 

Please help!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55JS Screen is dark HELP!!!

Unfortunately, the next step would be service. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: Link

Mrklright1
Astronaut

Probably bad LEDs or chip

userGrUKv0zf9K
Constellation

I found the problem. Took apart the tv down to the side leds. Found that the leds melted/ burn  the plastic on the defuser /prism on the side . It's cracked also. The leds were covered with burnt material. Sad a $ 2,000  tv burn up . 

called Samsung to see if I could get parts or ware I could get parts. I even sent tex with pictures of it but they said nothing not even a sorry or we will make it right. Told me I'm out of warranty. Need to go to a Samsung service center . 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.