JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 12-02-2020 07:46 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
missionfloyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Noticed it again today. Apparently this does happen with 4K sources.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Does this happen with any other devices you use? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
missionfloyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, this happens with other devices.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Since this is occurring with any device this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userC8t9vmAACz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a fairly severe issue with what I believe is called color banding on my KS8000 (65 inch). It's extremely noticeable in dark scenes in both streamed movies, tv shows, as well as games. It's happens on both my PS4 pro as well as my Xbox One X. 

I've scoured reddit, avsforums, and various other sites and I keep getting conflicting answers everywhere I go. It's usually comes down to either I have a bad panel or it's an issue that everyone has to deal with and it's just a part of the medium. 

In the picture below, it's noticeable in the dark areas above and near the wood burning stove.

829774C6-8DC6-4272-B73B-6528B2F5C09C.jpeg

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test please send me a private message with your full model and serial number this will require service. 

0 Likes
user7nQMGx49ow
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The screen flicker initially started after the TV was on about an hour and has gradually deteriorated over time so within 5 minutes it flickers to become unwatchable. In doing Google searches and reviewing this Community message board, it appears this is happening quite frequently on many Samsung TV's. What is Samsung doing to address this common problem?

userMJnw8CA8Fq
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am another victim of this defective product.  Like everyone else, purchased in 2016 for nearly $2000 only to have it last 3.5 years! How in the world does a higher end model LED only last a few years? 

This will absolutely be the last Samsung product I ever buy unless the company does the right thing and fixes a DEFECT that has resulted in a massive number of failures.  

It's pretty simple, google the problem and every single KS8000 failure has the same exact set of conditions, a blown capacitor.  Best of all, they are so small now that they aren't replaceable and Samsung knows this.  Also, this condition can be diagnosed by anybody with a multi-meter so Samsung could easily identify if the customer's TVs is impacted by this with a 30 minute tech visit.  

It would be so easy to offer an extended warranty on this part and provide only customers affected by this with an honest solution.

This is completely unacceptable to have such a pervasive defect on one of the most popular models.  

Model: UN65KS8000FXZA

Purchase Date: 07/24/2016