Original topic:

UN55MU6290 Volume Issues, Terms & Policy Set Up, Lost all Apps

(Topic created: 04-03-2021 09:17 PM)
userWvrRt0FUL9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Getting really frustrated and need some guidance.  About a month ago, the mute indicator would flash but we still have sound.  Daily rebooting usually made this flaw go away.  But then the volume would get stuck.  We could only move the volume up or down a couple numbers.  Again, daily rebooting usually fixed it.  And now, we have lost all of our apps.  I have done may resets, and restarted the Smart Hub, but nothing has gotten the apps back.  There is a screen that states I need to accept the Terms & Policy Set Up, but nothing happens when I try to set it up.  

I am about to lose my mind!  

6 Replies
userux7Hn8VlDn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
My TV has exactly same problem. I could change level of sound from Settings=Support =Self Diagnosis. And now all apps gone, not connecting to internet, sign out from Samsung account.
0 Likes
userWvrRt0FUL9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have stumbled across a solution.  It's not a proven solution, but so far it is working.  

First, I unplugged everything from the TV and unplugged it from the wall.  I let it sit for about an hour.  Then I created a flash drive with the newest firmware update from 1/14/21.  I inserted the drive and ran the update.  I got a pop up that said "No update available at this time".  I confirmed I was on the most updated firmware - 1290.3.  So I abandoned the firmware idea.  Next, I hooked up a new ethernet cable and hooked up the HDMI cord to my Directv box.  When Directv came back online, I noticed my volume issue had resolved.  This gave me hope.  Finally, I clicked on the update Terms & Policy setup.  It errored out on the first attempt.  I tried again.  This time I was able to accept the terms.  The next screen took me to the login to Samsung account.  Finally, my information had been lost and I was able to log back in.  From there I was able to set up my Smart Hub. 

Not really what step did the trick, but here is hoping it works for everyone else!

userux7Hn8VlDn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Thank you so much for the update.
0 Likes
userX2f97heXgW
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I've had this problem for months and started the same way (UN55MU630D).  Volume not able to change, mute symbol would sometimes appear (with or without sound).  Now I can't download or even start apps.  Factory resets don't help.  I can basically turn on and turn off the TV, and that's about it.  At this point I'm using my Xbox for my video apps, which defeats the purpose of having a smart TV.

userBwlDgdpOmS
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you found any solution to this issue? I am experiencing similar issues and factory resetting does nothing. Would be much appreciated if you could share if you found a fix.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you have your tv plugged in a surge protector? Try unplugging for about 5 minutes then retrying directly into a wall socket.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes