cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqZax9eUDIA
Asteroid

UN55MU8500FXZA will not turn on- red light blinks then screen blinks and repeats over and over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hard to believe a TV I spent $2000 on a year and a half ago will not even power on. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userqZax9eUDIA
Asteroid

Re: UN55MU8500FXZA will not turn on- red light blinks then screen blinks and repeats over and over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This POS is being picked up for the trash and I have purchased an LG in its place. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55MU8500FXZA will not turn on- red light blinks then screen blinks and repeats over and over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Have you tried plugging it directly into the wall outlet?

userqZax9eUDIA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup.......unplugging an electrical device is this the goto move

userqZax9eUDIA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will NEVER buy Ssmsung again

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The symptom you described is a power cycle. This is sometimes a result of a software update that does not download properly. Unplugging the television for a set time performs a sort of soft reset that helps with resolving the symptom if it is software related. Since it did not resolve, it is a hardware symptom and would require service. I would be happy to set that up for you but it would be an out of pocket cost. 

userqZax9eUDIA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This POS is being picked up for the trash and I have purchased an LG in its place. Thanks!

userG8JPd2bQec
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A service which I will have to spend more money to try to “maybe” get it fixed or not?? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userG8JPd2bQec   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.