Original topic:

UN55NU7100 vertical black line ruining picture

(Topic created: 05-14-2020 01:26 PM)
userRKzuKC8tn5
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, 

Need assistance. Have reviewed the boards here and seems my challenge is not unique. Tried the suggested course of actions such as; reviewing and checking connections, and completing the Self Diagnosis - Picture Test  and it did not solve the problem. 

In short, the challenge faced is there is a Vertical Black line (cloud...smudge) that just appeared this weeekend. It is affecting picture quality in a disruptive manner. Not watchable. The TV was acquired just over 18 months ago so this seems unreasonable that this challenge is happening. 

Appreciate help here Samsung. 

-Matt

Have attached photo of TV and the vertical line disrupting picture. 

05/10/202005/10/2020

10 Replies
userF3KzZDvppB
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Let me know if they tell something other than a service call and new LED backlight for $200-300.  I have the same problem.

userRKzuKC8tn5
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update! 

I spoke at length with Samsung and they sent me to their authorized repair services for my area. Unlucky for me since warranty recently expired it would cost $300 and parts just to come out and that does not include the actual total cost of fix. Concurrently I have been researching replacement cost of a new tv. Samsung competitors have new TVs for as little as $550. For TVs that are new latest technology and rated as high or higher on CNET. So I am really disappointed that it looks like I may have to buy a new tv. If that is the case I do not see how after this experience I can in good faith remain a loyal Samsung customer.

BTW - the picture is now 1/3 devolved. So clearly the there is a product defect. 

thanks,

Matt 

@userF3KzZDvppB wrote:

Let me know if they tell something other than a service call and new LED backlight for $200-300.  I have the same problem.

@userF3KzZDvppB wrote:

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userRKzuKC8tn5
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Final response. Apologize for my frustration. But problem Not solved to my satisfaction. Need to purchase a new TV. Caveat Emptor. 

Hoping Samsung takes note and collects all the challenges customers are posting here. There are a enough similar challenges (vertical black smudge. Weirdly seems from the posted pics location is eerily similar for most) that there seems to be a defect either in design or manufacturing. 

Have to say until the challenge loved the tv. But now the tv is unwatchable and seems to be economically not fixable (problem is fixable but cost benefit outside warranty not worth it). So have to get a replacement. For the first time will be reviewing possible extended warranty. 

userOLI1ZomhXR
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I was having a similar problem with the black stripe.  But then, my screen is all black now!  Sound still comes out, but all black screen.  Very, very frustrated!  Talked to Samsung and they told me technician needed to come to house, but were not do in-home visits due to Quarantine.  Bummer ... now I cannot watch tv at all!

userRkZb4IPQfd
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Had the same issue and the TV was only 18 mo. old (out of warranty).  Went through tech svc. who could only have me reset the TV-issue still there!  Got the info for their service center for my area.  Fortunately I reserarched them before calling...never seen an "F" rating with the BBB!  Made the decision to take it to a local repair shop with a good reputation who replaced the LED strip ($300).  Said they had never seen LEDs burn out like that (I saw the strip, appeared shorted out).  TV was fine for 2 months and the same thing happened again!   Looking at this forum, there are MANY people with the same issue across many models.  Samsung has to realize by now that this is manufacturing/quality issue.   Very frustrated...I'm done with this TV and will replace it with another brand.IMG_20200715_100311332.jpg

userdE16QF3ESg
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
For that reason I never will buy a Samsung TV in my entire life... that happened to me in my last TV....I have it just for 1 month...Now same model in my TV is doing the same. And I have the guaranty expired for 2 weeks ...and look what is happening in this TV now.
I'm so sorry Samsung...... but you lost me......
userAU1qBghr1K
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same issue with my Samsung 55" NU7100 (Model No. UN55NU7100FXZA) from Best Buy.  After only 2 years in my case, it developed a slightly brighter white spot near the bottom-center of the screen, followed soon thereafter by a vertical black stripe like the one in the original poster's photo.  I am very dissatisfied with Samsung, and will look to other manufacturers for a replacement TV.

userucTtKVWetx
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same issue after two years, Samsung does not care and it’s more cost effective to buy from a competitor than repair the tv.

0 Likes