Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UN65HU9000 Turns On and Off By Itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TV Model:  UN65HU9000

One Connect Model: BN94-07655D

The TV has been working just fine when it suddenly went black.  The light was still on (indicating power on, not the standby light), but no screen or audio. I've tried turning the TV off and on again. I unplugged the TV, let it sit for 30 mins or more. Each time the stand by light goes off, the TV light comes on, then it shuts off. 

I removed all HDMI or other connected devices, same issue.  The only way I can get the TV to turn on is to unplug the One Connect. The TV will then turn on and advise me to plug in the One Connect.  As soon as I plug it in, however, the problem begins again - screen goes black and the TV seemingly tries to boot over and over again.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN65HU9000 Turns On and Off By Itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number so that I can look into this further for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, if possible can I have your current software version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The TV won't boot far up far enough to be able to access the menu and thus the software, so I am not able to provide. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number so that I can look into this further for you? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely, just sent. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update on this? My tv is literally doing the same thing. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

• Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in

Try to update the software.

• In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

• TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
  • If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. If the unit is in/out of warranty you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userkfmVW2NSZx,

The determination on mine was that I would need a tech to come look at it (I suspect the One Connect died or went bad). I haven't called a tech because mine is a TV used at work and not vitally necessary.