cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usery2CV7Mn4JJ
Constellation

UN65JS8500F Severe Edge Light Bleed and dark band

I've seen alot of posts on here about this issue and it looks like it starts at the 2 or 3 year mark.  Has anyone gotten resolution on a severe light bleed issue like this?  Called Samsung support, they said there was nothing they could do.  This is obviously a defect in the edge lit JS series. Pictures of pure white and black screens attached.  Also is starting to have dead pixel blobs on the sides and a dark shadow across the middle of the screen.

IMG-2621.JPGIMG-2622.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
userc6nePVFmUq
Constellation

Re: UN65JS8500F Severe Edge Light Bleed and dark band

Apparently it is a design flaw. The led lights so close to the screen cook it. Nice. In order for this type of architecture we should have had the set options lowered for brightness so we might have gotten another year out of it. Factory setting is at 20 highest; 10 would do.  A new panel is required and costs as much as the set did. My js48 has this and lowering the brightness really does not help now, picture is too dim to enjoy.

It is really disconcerting, Sammysung knows what it is, tells everyone to reset and then few days later, sorry can't help you, not under warrenty anymore and no Sammy tech in your area too boot. Next set will not be this expensive 1400.00, and I will get a walmart extended warenty- maybe and NOT Samsung. LOL

user9DdF38UAbN
Constellation

Yeah.  Same issue. They know there is a problem with this set. They put you through a series of attempted fixes they know will not work. Probably have a script written for this specific problem and the bottom line is they will tell you you're SOL. Should be a recall on these. 

DCSYSMAN
Asteroid

I'm going through this now also. I loved this TV until this began and I started reading about all the defuser deffects of their TV's. I've always giving this brand high marks but NEVER AGAIN. These tv's are fire hazards at best now. YouTube has a number videos on how the defuser edges burn and melt plastic onto the led. And I mean burn brown/black it will scare you just thinking about losing your home and possibly your kids to a fire. There should be a CLASS ACTION suit here as this condition happens to a lot of their TV. From what I have read so far they are not going to do a thing about. I'm afraid to even look at the cost.Has anyone here paid the cost of repair?

UN65JS8500 Samsung TV White Spots problem overheating problem, melting problem. Burned/melted Light Diffuser. This is a BIG PROBLEM. 1. To fix this unit, LCD SCREEN needs to be replaced (NOT ECONOMICAL if TV is out of warranty). 2. Can this unit cause more damage (fire, burn etc). 3. Does Samsung
hiphipJorge80
Asteroid

I'm experienceing the same exact thing. This is horrible. It's a known issue and they refuse to help fix.

32CFB389-6AC0-4984-84BD-5B1AB1947882.jpeg