cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

UN65MU7000 65” dark shadow center screen and bottom right corner melting

I've had my tv for almost 3 years. Last week i started getting a shadow in the middle of the screen. I think the lights are going out. I also noticed today a spot on the bottom right that looks like the screen is melting. The bottom right corner of the tv is super hot as well. 

what's going on? This is just horrible. I have Samsung TVs and other appliances and have never seen a product fall apart like this. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: UN65MU7000 65” dark shadow center screen and bottom right corner melting

Yea, ur panel is definitely going. Some people hit the panel lottery and have no problems and others.... Not so lucky. I had a TV screen die on me after a month one time. It's usually not worth getting the screen fixed. It's usually more cost effective to just buy a new TV. If that spot is getting hot, I wouldn't keep using it.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userj9bOlujr5a     I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number, along with pictures of the screen symptoms, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

post a picture if possible?

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is less than 2 yrs old and it started doing this yesterday. I am a bit suprised and peaved that it is happening. I am a Samsung loyalist and this is kind of souring. The amount of time it has lasted makes it almost feels like the newer Samsung TVs are disposable.