JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65RU800DFXZA tv not working APPS,Cast,Volume stuck

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 12:53 PM)
Dbaggiaz
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, my UN65RU800DFXZA tv has not been working for a while, every time i turn on the tv after a minute or so, the volume of the tv fails and and gets stuck, it just goes 1 volume up or down, the default apps don't work its just shows loading but never gets to open, also tv doesn't cast (not discoverable). it has been happening for a while. Every time i have to soft reset the TV so I can change volume of preference, if i mute the tv it wont give me sound anymore even if i press the mute button again and this has become annoying.

Internet works well(connects every time), i have tried to factory reset (even with the function Mute 182 *) but never actually restores to factory settings. When i try to reset the smart hub it actually blocks it and doesn't work anymore, i have to soft reset tv so it can work again. 

Has somebody encountered anything similar to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As beautiful as the image on your screen is, sound still remains an important function, or you won't get the full experience of your favorite show or movie. Fortunately, as frustrating as sound issues can be, your TV is rarely the reason for it. Your TV comes with a Sound Test to start with, and after that you can check ports and connections on your TV and the device it's connected to in order to hunt down and correct the issue.

1.) Perform a Sound Test.
Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and then select Start Sound Test.

2.) Check to see if there are any software updates available for your TV. Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update.

3.) Test the HDMI cable.
Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test, or is not connected by HDMI, skip to the next step.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

4.) Disconnect and reconnect the cable leading to the external device.
Loose connections can cause dropouts, so make sure to reconnect the cable at both ends, and check if you still experience dropout. If you do, try using a new cable.

5.) Connect a different device.
Using the same cables, connect a different device.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As beautiful as the image on your screen is, sound still remains an important function, or you won't get the full experience of your favorite show or movie. Fortunately, as frustrating as sound issues can be, your TV is rarely the reason for it. Your TV comes with a Sound Test to start with, and after that you can check ports and connections on your TV and the device it's connected to in order to hunt down and correct the issue.

1.) Perform a Sound Test.
Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and then select Start Sound Test.

2.) Check to see if there are any software updates available for your TV. Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update.

3.) Test the HDMI cable.
Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test, or is not connected by HDMI, skip to the next step.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

4.) Disconnect and reconnect the cable leading to the external device.
Loose connections can cause dropouts, so make sure to reconnect the cable at both ends, and check if you still experience dropout. If you do, try using a new cable.

5.) Connect a different device.
Using the same cables, connect a different device.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location