JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN70TU7000 Chimes every time someone walks past it.

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 04:49 PM)
userBb53wEKKZO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there!

I'm trying to figure out how to turn this feature off on my Samsung Television. Everytime someone gets close, it makes an obnoxiously loud chime and I can't seem to find out how to turn it off. I have a Samsung Sound Bar but the chime activates whether the soundbar is on or off. I have a nintendo switch attached, but again, whether attached or not does not impact whether the chime activates. Help me please. Otherwise, I love this tv.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
23 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am also having this same problem. I deleted the smartthings app from my phone. The reset option is greyed out so I cannot try that option.
0 Likes
PRK82
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am also having the same issue and this really driving me nuts.. what is the solution for this ???
0 Likes
user3Yj5LQdDNA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
this plagued us for about a month, we have 2 of these so it 2as 2x annoying. After numerous service calls and phone calls to Samsung and app deletions this is what I did to fix. i went in the settings and switched the sound input from optical to tv. After the chiming went away i switched it back and it works perfectly
0 Likes
userbnrD8uDdMn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Here is the fix, turn on smart things and NFC, scan your tv around the edges, this will show the options for chime, do this on every phone/phones that are linked.

Hope it works, it worked on mine.

Samsung user.

0 Likes