JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN75F8000 Prime Video Streaming Problem

(Topic created: 08-08-2020 03:03 PM)
userAEaNyNeYtU
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently opened an Amazon Prime account.  I opened the Amazon Prime app on my TV and registered the device with Amazon.  The app shows the two tv episodes I paid for; and also shows access to both a lot of free and for a fee titles.  I can view trailers for any movie.  But, I can't stream the full title or either of the two tv episodes I paid for.  I get an error screen that shows:  line 1: "Something went wrong"; line 2: "Please try again later. For more help, go to"; line 3: "amazon.com/videohelp"; line 4: "OK" action button.  I have worked with Amazon Tech Support for at least 8 hrs over the past two days and they have not been able to fix the problem.  And, they say they don't understand where the error msg comes from since it doesn't have an Amazon error code.  I have verified that my TV software is up-to-date.  btw: My XBox360 in another room connects to Amazon Prime and works perfectly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userAEaNyNeYtU
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Day 4 of working with Amazon Prime Video Customer Support (at least ten total hours of online Chat). They asked me to do a full Factory Reset of my Samsung TV. A bit of a PITA to do; but I dutifully did it. The Factory Reset of the TV (plus, maybe, something on Amazon's end; I don't know) appears to have fixed the problem. I can now do everything I expect to do on Amazon Prime Video. I had reloaded the Amazon Video app multiple times in the past days; but this was the first time to do a full Factory Reset of the whole TV.

Something to note, however. Every time I register my Samsung Smart TV it shows up in my Amazon account (Device Management) with "Hawaii" appended to the device name. I live in Southern California. Possibly Amazon was trying to connect me to their Hawaii media source. It STILL shows with "Hawaii" in the device name; but it is working. So, I can live with that.

In summary, try a full Factory Reset of your TV. And reRegister your TV in Amazon Prime Video once more.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can you tell me what the current software version is on the TV? Have you verified with Amazon that the app is also up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userAEaNyNeYtU
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

TV Software version 1218.  

It is the Amazon Video app that is built into my Smart Hub.  I think I successfully called for an update to the Smart Hub apps (but I don't know how to verify that).  There is even an Amazon button on my Remote that launches the app.  I looked for a way to uninstall that app and could not find a way to do it; so that I could reinstall the app.  Other apps did provide an uninstall option; but the Amazon app seems locked in.

0 Likes
Solution
userAEaNyNeYtU
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Day 4 of working with Amazon Prime Video Customer Support (at least ten total hours of online Chat). They asked me to do a full Factory Reset of my Samsung TV. A bit of a PITA to do; but I dutifully did it. The Factory Reset of the TV (plus, maybe, something on Amazon's end; I don't know) appears to have fixed the problem. I can now do everything I expect to do on Amazon Prime Video. I had reloaded the Amazon Video app multiple times in the past days; but this was the first time to do a full Factory Reset of the whole TV.

Something to note, however. Every time I register my Samsung Smart TV it shows up in my Amazon account (Device Management) with "Hawaii" appended to the device name. I live in Southern California. Possibly Amazon was trying to connect me to their Hawaii media source. It STILL shows with "Hawaii" in the device name; but it is working. So, I can live with that.

In summary, try a full Factory Reset of your TV. And reRegister your TV in Amazon Prime Video once more.

0 Likes
userWgdG5zfUC0
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The tv factory reset didn't do it for me.  I have a Samsung Smart TV and I had to *also* had to reset the SmartHub https://www.screencast.com/t/lRXbPwRz.  After resetting SmartHub I held down the tv remote power button for 20ish seconds to reset the tv and was finally able to access Amazon Prime Video and could enter my credentials. 

02.17.2021-09.41.09
Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We're glad that you're up and running!  Thank you for sharing.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usercNpArESaRk
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Time to get a new TV, not Samsung 

Samsung_oS1eZ8U
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung needs to fix this. I should not have to restart my tv everytime I try to watch something

0 Likes