cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UN82MU8000 Vertical Line

Hello, my TV suddenly has a purple/violet/blue line on the left side of my screen.  It's such an expensive TV purchased during XMAS of 2017.  I'm honestly surprised to have an issue after only 3 years of use, on what is considered a pretty high tier TV at the time.  My warranty expired in 12/2018.  I am unsure about the service cost of having a technician even come visit, let alone what they may say or find, is the cost to repair it (if it's even repairable).  I did the picture test, and can see the line, albeit thin during the picture test, it failed 1, 2, and 3.  It's clearly visible against a black background, and less so against other colors, but definitely noticeable while watching movies for example.

Does anyone know what it cost for a service to come visit?
I was not offered an extended warranty at Frys at the time of purchase, and was not aware you could purchase an extended warranty from Samsung, or other third party providers.
Is there anything anyone can recommend, or anyone that can help? Is this a lost cause? Am I in for a complete panel loss, is this an initial sign of a more problems to come? Should I expect more lines at some point?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: UN82MU8000 Vertical Line

you can check online in samsung , register you tv and check the option. if the tv was not hit by something probably more lines coming in the time.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: UN82MU8000 Vertical Line

I have this same model of TV.  It developed lines, and had to be repaired under warrantly after a few months.  It developed a new line and some more dead pixels this summer, just oustide the extended warranty I bought.  Samsung seems to not care at all. 

I wish I had better news for you. Seems we both have giant hunks of garbage now. Smiley Sad