Original topic:

Un40n5200 WiFi connection issue

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 7:18 PM)
user7RxX3hbafN
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently purchased two (2) Samsung 40" Class FHD (1080P) LED Smart TV UN40N5200 (2019 Model) TVs. One connected to the WiFi and was setup without issue, the other has given me all sorts of problems. It sees the WiFi connections with full bars but still has issues. I have seen error messages such as "server maintenance try again later", "connection unstable", "curl 6", "curl 7" and a few others. I have tried connecting to two (2) different WiFi's, a mobile hot spot, factory reset the settings twice, powered off/unplugged the tv 10-15 times, reset the router 5 times, moved the tv directly next to the router, changed the dns address 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and still can't get the tv to connect. Do I have a bad unit? I bought both at the same time less than a week ago, just got them both mounted and would hate to have to return the unit unnecessarily. I'm not sure if it is related or not but the troublesome unit also had issues connecting with the SmartThings app (I downloaded the app as a troubleshooting step and it proved helpless as well). Please help, this is infuriating.

0 Replies