JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect to Samsung server. Check your network settings or try again later. (116)

(Topic created on: 8/8/20 2:31 PM)
userqRCvn40CTh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This keeps popping up everytime I try to sign in or reset my password. I've tried resetting tv and unplugging it and WiFi is still working fine/not the issue. Seems like others are having the same problems with the 55in smart tv. I bought this Dec. 2019. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Likes
18 Replies
Samsung_dwjeaJs
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just purchased my Samsung device today. It was giving the same message for almost an hour. I ended up resetting and all seems to be working well.

0 Likes
usero9I4qus42W
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm living in the UK but had exactly the same problem. I found some advice that changing DNS on the TV  to Google (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) would fix issue with connection and it actually did.

I don't think it really matters but I've pihole setup at home and once I set DNS back to auto, my TV is losing Internet connection.

userbC9lgpUcmw
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So with a combination of logging into account.samsung.com with a browser and removing my tv device from my account, and then changing DNS from my local pi.hole to google DNS on the TV settings has allowed me to log into my account on the tv.

0 Likes
Solution
useriy8nq4wazz
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same problem. Soft resetting the TV solved it! Press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 3 seconds and wait until this reboots the TV. Then try it again. Hope this helps others! I did not lose any of the other installed apps...

View solution in context

useruSIjBDvWO8
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This worked for me also. Thank you for the info.

0 Likes
user0i8XafFYKk
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I was acting a fool for an hour and all I needed to do was "Press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 3 seconds" Thanks!

0 Likes
user6oGjV7F9AX
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I tried the power unplug, and resetting the  network connection solutions but they didn't work. Doing a factory reset fixed it for me. Just know that you will have to reconfigure everything.

0 Likes
garm59
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
i changed over to xfinity today and my Tv says tv plus is not availabe and unable to connect to samsung server error
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried power resetting the TV by unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back up? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes