Original topic:

Unable to get Alexa to Control TV

(Topic created on: 1/3/21 8:01 AM)
user0vohWalEZX
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought a UN40N5200AFXZA TV. The box and the specs on the Samsung website state that the TV works with Alexa. I have setup many devices on Alexa so I know how to do that. Samsung states that I must first install the smarthings app on my Iphone and then link it to Alexa after discovering the TV.

However, the Smartthings app does not offer this TV as an option and and the User Manual does not give any assistance. Alexa does not seem to be built into the TV but controllable from an Echo device.  How am I supposed to make this feature work? I contacted Samsung support who were not helpful telling me to reset the TV! See the attached screenshot. 

IMG_4587.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you enabled Amazon Alexa in the TV settings?  Settings>General>Voice>Voice Assistant

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0vohWalEZX
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The TV does not have a voice assistant or Alexa built in.  Just says it supports Alexa through Smarthings app

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you have the television and iPhone both connected to the 2.4GHz band on your wi-fi network?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes