JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to log in Samsumg account on T.V. it works everywhere else, though.

(Topic created: 10-12-2019 06:54 PM)
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As stated in the title I cannot log into my Samsung account via my TV but I am able to log in my Samsung account via my phone and PC.

Model # UN50RU7100FXZA

I've tried changing the password and I've tried disabling two-factor authentication with no luck so far. 

Any ideas/suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Making a new account with a new e-mail ended up working.  Not sure why my the original account had an issue, but I'm happy I can access the apps. Thanks for your time and help. Sorry it took a few days for this reply.

View solution in context

16 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

What is the current software version? Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Is it able to connect to the internet? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My software version is 1315. While attempting your suggestions, I accidentally stumbled across the issue, or at least I think I did. It's not recognizing my e-mail for whatever reason. I go to login via the TV and it says the ID or password is incorrect, so I try to reset my password from the TV and it says the same message about my ID or password being incorrect which made me think that I just needed to make another account specifically for the samsung apps but it says my e-mail is in use.

So I have an account, I can't reset the password via the TV because it's saying the ID or Password is wrong, but I can reset the password when using my phone just fine, though doing so won't let me log in the TV. As stated from above, maybe I just need a Samsung account and a different one for the App thing on my TV, but that doesn't explain why it says my account exists yet I cant change the password. Does that make sense?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you using your television in the United States?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you able to log in on any other devices?  PC or phone or anything?  

0 Likes
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, I can log in my Samsung account via my phone and PC, but I'm unable to log in on the T.V. I'm just going to try making another e-mail because there's some issue with mine for whatever reason. Maybe that will fix it. I thought it could be because dual factor was enabled or special characters being used in the password, but changing both the password and the disabling dual factor had no effect.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you've tried a different Samsung account and you were still unable to login, send me a private message.  

0 Likes
Solution
usernwue6i54Ye
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Making a new account with a new e-mail ended up working.  Not sure why my the original account had an issue, but I'm happy I can access the apps. Thanks for your time and help. Sorry it took a few days for this reply.

View solution in context

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Great! We're glad to hear it.

0 Likes