Original topic:

Universal Remote Won't Sync With Xiaomi MiBox S

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 03:48 AM)
userkSa6O7MGh0
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, just got a new TV - UE60AU8000. Love it.

The only problem is that I have an android TV box, a Xiaomi Mi Box S - 

MDZ-22-AB model, which I use as my main console to watch anything.

The problem is that when I connect my Xiaomi Mi Box S (MDZ-22-AB) to the HDMI port - I'm prompted with a "Universal Remote Syncing" Option.

When I try to sync the Samsung TV remote with the Xiaomi Mi Box I choose OTT option and select Xiaomi as manufacturer.

The problem starts here - I can't find the model number of my Xiaomi Mi Box (MDZ-22-AB) after I choose Xiaomi as the manufacturer... I tried every other configuration but the Samsung remote just won't sync with the android TV..

I gave up, only to turn on the HDMI-CEC function. The problem here is that when I use the Samsung TV to turn off the TV - it also turns off the Android TV box, and when I press the Samsung Remote to turn the TV back on - my Android TV box won't turn on and I'm forced to use the original Xiaomi Mi Box remote to turn it on.

All I want is to have complete control over the Mi Box using my Samsung TV remote 😞

Can anybody assist me, please?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes