Original topic:

Universal Remote

(Topic created: 05-07-2022 09:30 PM)
niagara94
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi - I have a Samsung TU7000.  I am wondering if the remote that came with this TV can be programed to control other devices like a Samsung soundbar and a bluray player (either Samsung or Phillips).  if not, what would be the correct Samsunt universal remote for my TV? Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! You should be able to use the remote on most devices, here is some information below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050204/

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! You should be able to use the remote on most devices, here is some information below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050204/

niagara94
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for your reply.  Which model remote is the one that can be used on most devices and where would I be able to get one?

0 Likes
Members_uDoMwj9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There is a trick to this. You must keep doing the same thing until the channel changes in the small window. The reason you need to do it multiple times or more is because the TV/Remote tries different codes each failed attempt until it finds the right signal to transmit. It took me 9 attempts to pair my remote. It could take you 1 or several attempts. Do not close the setup screen as the first attempt is always the same code. Eventually the channel will change and at that point you select ok.

Go to Settings

Universal Remote

New device

Cable/Satellite

TV Directly or theater

Zip code

Select your provider. Mine is Spectrum.

You HDMI port

Press channel up or down. If it doesn't change select no.

Do it again and again until it changes.

Once it changes press yes. Took me 9 times.

Press Done.

Enjoy. 

Credits Jeff P, aka ME. Valor80

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Jeff! It looks like your time in community is already off to a fantastic start!  We look forward to seeing more posts from you!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

0 Likes