cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriWM4gTDRiK
Asteroid

Update broke arc

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my un55ru8000fxza just recently updated to the latest 1335 firmware. Well ever since it did I lost the ability to use HDMI-arc with my Vizio sound bar. The HDMI-CEC feature works fine controlling everything that is connected to the TV. I tried unplugging the TV and HDMI cables for 10 minutes, but that didn't work. I noticed that when I use the TV remote to control the volume it shows receiver and the volume going up or down on the TV like it did before, but if I try to mute it it does nothing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useriWM4gTDRiK
Asteroid

Re: Update broke arc

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So turns out there was an update for the sound bar and once it was updated everything worked like before. Thanks for the suggestion to check for an update. That is something that I wouldn't of even thought would of been part of the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the firmware having updated, most likely there is a compatibility issue in the software. Have you checked to see if there are any updates for the soundbar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useriWM4gTDRiK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So turns out there was an update for the sound bar and once it was updated everything worked like before. Thanks for the suggestion to check for an update. That is something that I wouldn't of even thought would of been part of the issue.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perfect! I am happy to hear everything is now working! If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out again!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

J2003le
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the QN75Q6DRAFXZA and the firmware update automatically updated 12/5. Now my HDMI 4/arc input on tv will not work with my Denon avr-x2500 ip scaler.  When I turn the scaler on and upconvert to 4k content i have lines across the screen and a black screen flashes for awhile and it goes to no source signal found.  Before the firmware update i had no problem using HDMI 4/arc input with the ip scaler.  I was happy for the firmware update bc i thought it would include the NBC sports app but it does not and now i have this issue. anyone else have the same problem or an idea to fix it? i'm thinking the port has gone bad with the firmware update?