Original topic:

VERY disappointed Customer

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 11:08 AM)
useribuXU1eKEa
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a very expensive Samsung model # QN75Q7FAMFXZA television that is 4 years old and its now unplugged because it will only show a black screen. It started off cycling and re starting itself. Now its blinking a red light on the TV. I called and spoke to the customer service center and based on the television is out of warranty. I paid $150 for the Samsung service technician to come out and diagnose the issue. The technician recoiled at the sight of the one connect mechanism and said there have been many problems with this device connected to the television and that it's the 'spinal cord' of the television and if any part of it gets damaged the entire tv will not work.  According the Samsung tech the following year they realized it was faulty and they made the wire thicker so it won't get damaged easily.  It's not fair as a consumer I put trust in the brand only to be sold a tv that will not last. My question is why would Samsung sell any customers a faulty television without a recall? The least Samsung could do is fix the television without charging for the repair. The repair would run us $627.80 less the $150 we already paid. Needless to say, we opted to purchase a new tv and we are no longer trusting of Samsung or their products. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aaron4066
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I've switched to LG, and never regretted it.
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
That's a bummer.. I switched from LG because of bad HDMI inputs and iffy remotes. You hope to get at least 10 years out of a Tv..