JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 01-10-2021 06:03 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
userZ5Fk0DO2DP
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This drove me crazy as well - the reset steps mentioned in numerous replies either didn't work at all or appeared to work but then the problem returned in a day or so.  Finally it occurred to me that this is really just a computer, so I turned the TV on and then held the power button on the remote until it shut off and then turned on again (about 7-8 seconds), just like you do when a computer gets hung up and won't respond. It acted as if it had been turned on for the first time right out of the box. It took me through all the original set-up steps (more than what it went through with the reset from the settings option). This did the trick and it's been ruining just fine. 

userAkq4kXDA5j
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My volume is getting stuck and won't move. I have tried resetting the remote, unplugging it, change batteries and using a universal remote. It is now getting stuck on mute. Turning off the tv doesn't work for either problems.

0 Likes
user4JicOQ8psM
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

About a month ago the mute button started flashing and the volume started getting stuck allowing us only to toggle between two levels. After the first time it happened it we were able to restart the TV and it didn’t happen for a couple weeks. Then about two weeks ago it started happening much more frequently and now the volume gets stuck almost every time we turn on our TV. 

I referred to this thread to read through the troubleshoot options of the many others members with the same issue and have tried all of them MULTIPLE times. To the point that cycling through the steps listed below has become standard operating procedure to turning on our tv... takes us about as long to get our volume working as the amount of tv we want to watch in one evening! 

Called the company I bought the TV from, they could not help. Then I called Samsung to see what other options there are and we were basically told that the TV was out of warranty 6 months ago (bought it April 2018, 2.5 years old) and they could not extend or cover anything. And that our last and only solution was to call a local service company and pay out of pocket to have someone service it - with no guarantees they could fix it. Do I just buy a new TV at this point??

At what point will this reputable company take accountability for this technical issue that is clearly widespread.  Based on Samsung's very own mission statement  “We will devote our human resources and technology to create superior products and services, thereby contributing to a better global society.”     PROVE IT!

Have tried all of these:

- cool reboot TV

- resync the remote

- hard reset the TV

- hard reset the remote

- adjust the sound settings 

-disabling autorun smart hub

-new batteries in the remote

- restored factory settings to the TV

user06VYqu1kMy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Welcome to the club, I'm never buying Samsung again!

useran1jFFSECC
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm same. TV 3-4 year old. Same. Cannot control volume. Forget the remote. I can't control the volume with the controller in the back of the tv. I spent a lot of time researching TVs when purchasing. "Does the volume work after a couple of years" was not part of my research. Any answers Samsung? At least I'm glad to know I'm not only one

users4oAKV1gQQ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same remote volume control problem. Cannot raise or lower the volume (an intermittent problem) on my UN65MU6300FXZA TV. Problem just started about a month ago. When volume cannot be lowered or raised, the issue is evident on both the remote that came with the TV and the Comcast supplied remote. Had Comcast replace their remote for me and problem goes away for a day or so but then re-appears. Performed all the Samsung workarounds and problem goes away but then reappears. This is a TV problem that myself and a great number of people on this thread are experiencing. So what is the resolution Samsung Technical Support/Engineering? 

userYcjWGzomUG
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ugh! I came here trusting there'd be an easy solution to this remote control/volume issue. For me, the problem progressed slowly, from once a week to daily, and from responding to trouble shooting to no longer responding to the trouble shooting options. Mine is a 2017 model. 
It looks like Samsung has no intention of taking responsibility and supporting its customers. So, I'm only posting to hopefully discourage potential future  customers from investing in this product

user9llnRiuUQP
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am experiencing the same issues with the same model.  I have now read hundreds of these same issues across many platforms/threads.

samsung, you lost another customer.  Have 7 Samsung tv in my house, but won't buy another.

user9llnRiuUQP
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

And I am not going to pay a service tech to come out and tell me that I need a new board for $300-500.

You know what the issue is, yet you won't do anything about it.

user4JicOQ8psM
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, you can see below it was recommended by Samsung Larry to have a service technician come out.. Not on my dime. I replied to him the following... 

20 seconds ago
Hello, You recommended having a service technician come out to look at the TV... will Samsung cover this cost? $200 just for them to come to my house. Then there will be an additional cost for any parts needed. At that point I have paid for half of a new tv!   Clearly there is a wide spread issue here... you can read the comment boards yourself. This is grounds for a recall.