Original topic:

Vertical Shadow

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 09:59 AM)
userP9UbqliICD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Bought a 55 inch Samsung HD TV 2.5 years ago and it has the dreaded vertical shadow in the middle of the screen.  Of course, the TV is no longer under warranty but who expects to have issues with the picture with less than 3 years of usage.   Samsung is aware that this is not a unique situation and thousands of people are reporting the same thing.  
A Samsung repair partner quoted me $200 for a diagnostic test to see what’s really wrong with it.  This is laughable.  I have a number of Samsung appliances (oven, washer and dryer, etc.)  around the house but I will no longer purchase any Samsung product and you should not either.  Samsung expects you to just move on and buy another one.  I promise that I will go out of my way and avoid Samsung products in the future.  
BTW, I have also experienced issues with my washer and dryer as well but that’s for a different forum.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand your concern here regarding these vertical lines on your display. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ 

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
danDL
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the issue come up recently. (I have a UN58NU7XX series)

There are several other posts with the same issue, none of them have a solution.  But the discussions are closed.  This is the most recent, so I was able to reply.

But for what its worth, I started moving all the sliders from the menu,

In Picture/Expert settings:

-moved backlight and brightness to its highest, contrast to lowest, and when I moved sharpness all the way down the shadow went away.  

Dont know if I was lucky and somehow it reset. I am still testing but am afraid to move any other slider. 

For now it will stay as is, and hope it doesnt come back.

Just logged in and posted the info in case this works for somebody else.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand your concern here regarding these vertical lines on your display. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ 

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes