cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAoZe2NZJQ4
Asteroid

Vertical and Horizontal Lines on UHD TV 8 Series

So disappointed.  Brand new Costco Samsung UN75RU800DF, 75 inch, installed yesterday but not tested.   BOLD vertical lines, and also horizontal lines at all times.  I did every test allowed to no avail.  They are always there with that FRIGHTENING "X" thing showing.  Too big and heavy for me to take to any repair shop, or even back to COSTCO!

What in the world should I do?  See pictures.

20200118_095513.jpgThere are horizontal lines too.

20200118_095559.jpgPicture test FAILED of course!

20200118_095439.jpgNote the frightening "X" thing.

Signed... Kathy in Oregon

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical and Horizontal Lines on UHD TV 8 Series

Thank you for reaching out, this would require service since it does look like an impact point on the TV it would be an out of pocket repair.  You can use the link below to find a service center in your area. Or since you did just get the TV you can reach out to Costco for further support.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userAoZe2NZJQ4
Asteroid

Oh shoot...I lost my reply!

Can't retype it all.  Nothing was damaged on TV or box, professional delivery service and COSTCO installer.  Only installer and I touched the TV.  Perfect condition out of the box.  No one hit the TV.  Just me...no animals or children or objects and the wrapping and styrofoam were in perfect condition.

Please send specs for IMPACT DAMAGE.  It has to be inside the TV so I would like to know if "X MARKS THE SPOT" and how many IMPACT POUNDS that takes.  

Thanks so much and I will contact COSTCO.   There is nothing on GOOGLE about this impact condition, so I need as much info as possible.

Kathy

PS...Picture shows how it looks with Dish TV on.   Same display under any Apps also.

20200118_114605.jpg

Highlighted
userAoZe2NZJQ4
Asteroid

I probably didn't make it clear that the TV has no damage.  There isn't even a fingerprint on the screen because it was never touched during installation.  My main question is since this isn't the normal horizontal and vertical lines people get on their Samsungs, is the X in the spot that the TV is damaged inside?   The screen is in perfect condition.

Thanks.