JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vertical banding on MU8000

(Topic created on: 2/13/19 11:05 AM)
user8Tugo0Jt2a
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased less than a year ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

57 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We are sorry to hear about this, generally repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting is not successful. Please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link and we would be happy to look into your options: http://bit.ly/2LSliR1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userxP2wc9dcM6
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the exact same issue on the same TV. Can I start the process through the same PM link?

0 Likes
NoNamesLeftJoe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am another UN75MU800 owner with the same banding issue.  The image has become almost unwatchable.  I did all the resets etc and firmware is most current version.  Image is always bad no matter the source or adjustments made to correct it.  As this is a clear known product defect, Samsung I hope you do something to make this right.  Not a happy customer here that I might have to buy another TV after only a few years.Vertical BandingVertical Banding

userrGXGrZC03E
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also have a 75 inch MU8000 since Oct 2017 and now TV has  equally spaced vertical banding. This has been going on now for few weeks . can you kindly share the solution

usercNLJODYcmq
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a samsung 75" mu8000 that Samsung "fixed" vertical banding issues by replacing the screen and motherboard in Jan of 2020, and now less than 10 months later the bands are back. I feel this is wholly unacceptable and customer service on the phone is painful and unhelpful at best. This seems to be a known issue and I think Samsung should replace this defective TV. I have long been an avid Samsung fan and loyal customer but I'm starting to think I shouldn't be anymore... @SamsungLou 20201109_141607.jpg

userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have to update my experience with Samsung Customer Care and Samsung's product support. Samsung reached out to me in December 2020 after I posted and commented in this thread. They requested I contact them via private message and ultimately offered to repair my TV. From that day forward they never stopped trying to help me resolve the vertical banding problem. After getting confirmation from a Samgaung authorized repair shop, arranged by Samsung, that my TV was not repairable they went further to make it right. They arraigned to pick up my 75" UHDTV TV & refund the original sale price (I had my original receipt too). It took about 30 days for everything to go through, but I'm very happy! Now I can't say enough about my experience and their willingness to actually support their products. If you're having the same issues I've described in this thread, don't give up. Contact customer care and let them know what your problem is and how dissatisfied you are with your TV. You can also private message SamSungLou using the link in his post that is accepted as a solution to this problem. If you respond & follow thru with all the requirements, I'm confident Samsung Custom Care will take care of you as well! Good luck!

0 Likes
usersUV0QoBmFI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also have a 75 inch MU8000 with vertical banding. This has been going on now for about a year but out of frustration, I didn't seek a solution until just recently. I have done extensive online research and there appears to be a high volume of this very same problem. I requested a service call through the Samsung service request through my TV. The tech who called had me unplug my HDMI cables from my cable box and any other HDMI cables. Nothing changed. She had me unplug the TV from its power source and wait 30 seconds to plug it back in. Nothing. Ran through a bunch of onscreen pictures to see if anything changed. Nothing. Reset the TV back to its infancy. Nothing changed. Now I get to make a service call to a local TV repair shop that will charge me $65 just to come to the house. I own 3 other flat-screen televisions and all of those are LG's. Never a problem with them and one of them is over 10 years old. 

userlfkiqiFbA6
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We're having the same problem with our MU8000.  Since it is out of warranty, Samaung told me the cost of repair is about 80% of the purchase price.  It seems to be a very comnmon problem with this model and I think they should have done a recall or fix the repair at a nominal price.  Our TV is only 2 1/2 years old. Our older Samsung which is 7 years old works perfectly..This is a lemon.

userrGXGrZC03E
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear

Do you know what the service guy did eventually. I have the exact same issue With my 2.5 yr old MU8000. Bought for $3400. just wasted hard earned  money