JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vertical banding on MU8000

(Topic created on: 2/13/19 10:58 AM)
user8Tugo0Jt2a
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased less than a year ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did you ever come up with a solution that didn't involve round filing the Tv and never buying from Samnsing again? Because I haven't gotten any help from them for the exact same problem and my TV started doing it 8 months in! 

userrGXGrZC03E
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did Samsung ever replied with solution..  Can you please share if they sent one. 

userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Complete silence from Samsung!!!!!!! Nothing done!!!! They don't care if you have a two-year old HDTV that you paid $3000+!for that is practically unwatchable!!!!! I'll never buy another Samsung product again as long as I live and I tell everyone that sees my 75" Samsung HDTV the same thing when they ask me if they should buy Samsung!!!! My answer is always an unequivocal NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that enough exclamations points???!!!! NO it isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

userOchZcFaocu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the exact same thing going in with my 75mu8000 as well!  

I purchased the best Best Buy warranty.. I wonder if they cover this... And how bad does it have to get?

-=Mike G.

GrinNBarrett
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having the exact same issue, and it's deeply frustrating.  I went through the service chat, and I ran through all of the suggestions; Unplugged all of the HDMI inputs, disconnected the power supply, performed a factory reset, and just like everybody else, there was no resolution, only that I file a service claim, on my dime, for a 2 year old TV that's got an obviously flawed design considering the number of replies and postings within this thread for the exact same issue.  I don't think a $3,500 TV should begin to fail within two years of ownership, and this has deeply undermined my confidence in Samsung as a brand, which is disheartening considering I have exlusively owned Samsung phones and televisions ever since I first purchased a Samsung U740 Alias phone many years ago. 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhZheQrCuJD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 75” Samsung TV that I bought for the Super Bowl and I have the vertical banding problem as well. It sounds like it’s a problem with all the Samsung TVs. Why wasn’t there a recall? plz help

userkqbG9Wf9hv
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the Samsung Series 7 65 and same issue as everyone. Terrible banding that has gotten worse over the 2 years I've owned it. Samsung should offer a recall, this is widespread and completely unacceptable. Don't want your canned response Samsung, do the right thing by your customers. Definitely the last Samsung I will purchase. 

userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Precisely!

0 Likes
userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tell everyone you know not to by anything from Samcrap or they'll be sorry!

0 Likes