JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vertical banding on MU8000

(Topic created on: 2/13/19 10:58 AM)
user8Tugo0Jt2a
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 75 inch MU8000 that I purchased less than a year ago that is developing a large vertical banding issue. The bands were semi noticable when I purchased the TV, but only on very bright settings, and I know they are very common with these types of displays. However, now the bands appear to be getting worse. These bands are now easily visible in any light, and you can now clearly see the stripes in the panel. It doesnt affect the color or anything, but is distracting when attempting to watch anything with large patches of the same solid color. This extends to dark scenes or scenes against bright backgrounds. Has anyone else encountered this issue and managed to fix it? I've tried calibrating the colors, picture settings, leaving the picture on presets, turned on and off all picture enhancement options and I'm beginning to think that this is just the way the TV is made. Full model number is UN75MU8000 for reference.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
57 Replies
userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you asking if Samsung has done anything to resolve vertical lines in our 1-2 year old $3000+ UHD TV's.???

the answer is a resounding NO, NOTHING, NIENTE, NADA, NOPE!!!!!!!

0 Likes
userGHhb2KvsOh
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes. See my post and/or respond to SamsungLou's link in his post that is "accepted as a solution." Good luck!

0 Likes
Vendwebcom
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did samsung offer this to you?

0 Likes
userEPlBaagfSe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here.  Getting unwatchable.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKzeWSqdZLa
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have the same problem. samsung gave me a repair shop number in my area since there is nothing they can do about it.
0 Likes
jake42
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
So no one has an answer to this I am having the same problem on my 75 inch to
0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes