JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-11-2020 05:57 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
uservvmtujoBIg
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you!

I have been experiencing this for weeks and could not figure out how to fix it. I tried your solution and it worked. Hopefully it will keep working. 

Thanks again,

Nancy

Solution:    Settings, support, self diagnose, reset smart hub

usertW6lIMpDnp
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yeah,  where did you find that feature? 

Stretchr
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After resisting the urge to chuck this TV, found this solution and it worked! Thank you. Our TV is once again safe!

"It's a small world...
But I wouldn't want to paint it!"
Stephen Wright
0 Likes
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
well, it didn't help. and now its freezing up the tv. I love Samsung, but I may never buy there TV again. disappointing 😢
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello @LadyEvil, if you have tried everything that @userYzmTcqrrMp has provided above then send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRSZPmEPJSQ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So.....what the solution? I've been having this issue on & off for the last 3 months. Very frustrating, definitely making me rethink the brand of my next tv. I've fixed it holding the back & play button on the remote, but why does this issue keep happening and how come there is no definitive fix?

userkHC8gNXqPp
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having this same issue. All the solutions I've read on here are not working. 

userVnpr1eQdhc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

reset smarthub

userP0xalUgnrh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

try resetting the Smart Hub.  Worked for me -  no more issues in five days after months of this problem.

userL1sKwx7XS4
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

"Resetting smart hub" worked for volume problem on my UN43MU6300.  Go to

"settings - support - self diagnosis -reset smart hub".

Meanwhile, the screen is awful!  Lots of circles, like burn marks, appears on screen.  There's no fix!