JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-15-2020 08:21 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
Nyfan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear all:

I hope this message reads everyone well.  I have a 43 inch Samsung 4K tv.  It was purchased in 2017. About a month ago, the volume is having issues.  I could adjust the volume initially but now, I cannot.  The mute button keep on flashing now.

I tried to find a resolution online but to no avail.  May someone kindly advise on how to resolve this issue?  I don't want to change TVs only after 3 years.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Tina46
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
unhook everything from tv and I mean everything unplug your tv after you unplug it hold power button for 60 seconds then plug in just your tv do not hook up anything else until you turn the tv back on and check your volum after that you can hook all back up
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Enter the service menu:
1 - turn of tv with remote
2 - press and release in the following order on the remote: Info, Menu, Mute. Make sure remote is pointing at the tv
3 - turn on the tv from the remote
4 - you will see the service menu. using the down arrow on the remote select the Reset option. Using the right arrow button at this point will do a hard reset.
5 - Wait a few seconds, turn TV on
6 - you will have to rescan analogue and digital channel. This may or may not be helpful. It's something to perform if you've tried all of the others i.e. new batteries, no obstructions to the buttons, sound control settings are all correct. Hope It Helps
Nyfan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello all:

I am trying to access the service menu described above but cannot.  The red light on my Samsung remote is flashing when I press it but it's not contacting to the tv...  

the remote's model name is RMCSPM1AP1

I am currently using my Dish Hopper with Sling remote control to control the tv. 

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
you'll have to use the original remote I believe
0 Likes
Nyfan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello!  Pardon for the late reply.  I chatted with a Samsung technician online and we reset the settings on the tv.  The volune worked at first but now, the mute button is flashing again.

There is audio but I cannot adjust it beyond a few digits' range.  Any resolutions Shadowgate??  Thanks.

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
all I can think of is a faulty remote or device sorry wish I had a better answer
0 Likes
user8aAUZdoIMo
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My 4K 75" Samsung smart television was purchased new from Best Buy just 3 years ago.  For the past few months the volume will randomly freeze at a point where you cannot raise or lower more than 1 or 2 units.  If the volume is at 20 it will not go higher than 21 or lower than 19 for example.  I've exhausted every option in the settings and used multiple remote controls with the same result.  I've owned several Samsung products including home appliances, phones, tablets, and multiple televisions.  I have had issues with most appliances but I am surprised my television is giving me issues.  It is unbelievable that a $2,000 television requires a factory reset multiple times a day to even function...Extremely disappointed.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you explain what troubleshooting steps you tried already? I would love to assist you with this matter.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8aAUZdoIMo
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi -

Replaced batteries in remote control

Used multiple remote controls

power cycle television

reset Audio

Reset smart hub

reset television to factory settings

Resetting television to factory settings will momentarily fix audio issue which lasts from minutes to an hour or so.  

It is difficult to watch television when audio is stuck on either high or low.

0 Likes