JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-15-2020 10:01 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? I would love to look into this further please. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user0DSeLcefQV
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I too am having these issues, can't turn up or down and have gone through the same steps for fixing the problem
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

usere58gcPjcoe
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same issues.  Its so frustrating i dont think i will ever get another samsung tv.  Has been goingnon for months.   Tried reset smart hub. Turned off autorun. Nothing works.  Keep changing apps and inputs.  

Jeremyg2
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Starting last night, my TV randomly in the middle of viewing a program starting having an issue with the volume and this menu popping up on the screen.  It would Open the Accessibility Menu, speak very fast and several On/Off items would flash.  We closed the menu box and it would randomly open it up again after about 20 minutes.  Then this morning, the volume would randomly mute itself.  The menu would pop open and here we go again. 

I took the batteries out of the remote.  Didn't work.  I rebooted the TV, disconnecting everything from it and reconnecting everything to it.  Didn't work.  I chatted with a Samsung Support person via online chat and while he tried, was little help.  We reset the factory settings on the TV.  Didn't work.  I live in Roswell, GA and he gave me the number to the closest tech center in Ft Lauderdale, FL...500 miles away from me to seek help.  Not amused! 

Has anyone seen or heard of this happening?  Is there anything I can do to fix it.  I've tried updates, resetting, replacing batteries...everything.  Do I just need a new remote or is the TV shot after 4.5 years?  

I appreciate any and all feedback!!  Thank you! 

Frustrated in Georgia! 

user2Rr7WNdQPz
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello There

Some reason at times,  the TV volume gets stuck where it won't go up and down,  usually resetting the sound or Resetting smart hub fixes it,   any idea why this is happening?  or a permentent fix?

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur after factory resetting the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's great to hear please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2Rr7WNdQPz
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well it was happening after a factory rest,  i have since changed the HDMI Cable, and updated the Firmwire from Samsung support site download for it,  so far haven't heard from family member that watch that set the most of any further issues with the volume thus far.  

Hopefully i have solved it for good

userzajnQxOQQG
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please share the solution.