JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 09:51 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
userPyFxM9zO3Y
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the exact same issues, the volume goes up by one and then goes back down and the mute picture will just appear. Why have they put no response for this issue that seems to be more than just a few people experiencing?

0 Likes
userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Its either a bad motherboard (class action lawsuit) or a firmware fix.  Samsung just issued an update to the firmware but my tv is boxed up in the crawl space so I can't test it.  If you can, let me know if it solves the problem.  I had to puit another tv up in the bedroom to replace my 50 inch UHD.  I bought a 50 inch Crystal UHD.  It is junk.  Bloated with junk apps and a propensity to inform me that I hae no internet connetivity.  I miss my UHD.  Hated the volume control issues.  BTW, I have two other UHDs (both 55 inch).  They are fine.  I turned off the update function jsut in case Samsumg is trying to kill those too.  Why did I ever move from LG?  

userqkoXQFdg06
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How do I do an update? Honestly I'm not even sure which model it is, as it's a few years old now 

userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

userqkoXQFdg06
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It says No USB connected.  Please check connection and retry

0 Likes
userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sounds like you have no internet connection to the TV.  Is it a smart TV?  If so, you need to reconnect to the internet either through the ethernet connection or via WIFI.  If it is not a smart tv. you are going to have to extract the firmware update from the samsung website, load it on a usb and try again.  

0 Likes
userqkoXQFdg06
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Not sure if it’s a smart tv or not but it’s hooked up to a Roku and gets internet just fine 

0 Likes
Marisazz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I think it's your carrier
Make sure you have the latest equipment from your carrier
I dont have that anymore.
It could be your location
0 Likes
user4JicOQ8psM
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

See first thread - VOLUME STUCK, EXHAUSTED ALL TROUBLESHOOT OPTIONS...JUST AFTER WARRANTY ENDS, CONVENIENT. 

I am logged in and email has been verified, however, I am no longer allowed to reply to any comments and my issue has a green check, marked "solved" when it has not been solved. 

READ THE ROOM! Try fixing the issue at large. I'm sure the HUNDREDS of people on these threads want off this carousel of ineffective troubleshooting advice. Silencing people will not make the problem go away.

Options
HD and UHD TVs
In your last post, Samsung asked you to send them a private message so they could get your information privately (vs posting your serial number or personal information publicly). That's why they closed it. They didn't "silence" you. Did you contact them???