JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 07:41 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
floydvoid
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
sorry to hear that, mine sometimes does the same thing.

can i ask you a few questions? do you run a roku and have your samsung remote set up to be the main controller?

i ask because i run a roku ultra through mine and i started having this problem shortly after i changed my screensaver to the 'nautical' screensaver.

this sounds strange i know, but i was having the same problems you where having. i would fix the tv and sure enough in the morning either the volume wouldn't work or i could never get my tv off the screensaver to get to the roku home page.

so i powered my tv the same way i mentioned then went and changed my screensaver back to the 'aquatic life' one hat i have ran for years and have not had to reset the tv or pair the remote in three days. which is not saying a whole lot and time will only tell.

apologies for writing a book. i'm just trying to get to the root problem of this because it's been a pain in butt to say the very least.

0 Likes
userWOBhLJ7Lq5
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

well my answer may be short.  No to roku.  I've got an xfinity cable box/dvr & blue ray player connected to tv.  Both predate the issue.  

I normally use the xfinity remote.  When this first started happening about 10 days ago, I assumed the xfinity remote was dying (had happened to me before) so went and got a new remote and had the same issue.  Then I started playing with the samsung remote, and again I would see the same issue.  So then started getting on the help boards trying to find solutions.  And they would "work" for a few hours, but then it started acting up again.

I appreciate your help and any ideas you may have

0 Likes
Andino1862
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This seems to be a memory capacity problem. I had the same issues for about a year and kept trying solutions that only worked temporarily. Recently I saw a reply on another thread that helped. It suggested adding extra memory to save unused apps. I followed this and went into the apps tab, into settings , deleted several apps that I didn't need, and left only the ones I would use. Memory was down to zero when I started, it went up to about 11% after clearing out the unwanted apps. The volume has been working fine for about a week now.

userWOBhLJ7Lq5
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks!  That's not a solution I've seen, yet it makes some sense.  I was at 0% free and deleting got me to 8% free.   So here's hoping this works long term.  I've been seriously considering a new tv since I've been so annoyed!

thanks again!

0 Likes
userPVGBDMtomh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is definitely a capacity conflict within the smart hub apps. After I deleted about  12 -15 apps, I freed up  about 10% memory. Previous to that I had zero memory. No more remote volume issues. Sad Samsung support couldn’t figure this out. 

0 Likes
userTx0e1o8z5m
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My Samsung 7 series (65) TV which is only a 13 months old has stopped working properly. It won't open any apps, the volume is stuck and won't go up or down. We have tried everything we have been suggested like resets, turning on/off ect. Checked Internet, its fine. Ran all diagnostics, they're fine. Cleared all caches etc. Still nothing is working properly. Have called the help desk and been told to give it a few days then call back! What kind of help is that! I'm really at my whits end. Please help! 

Spilz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
thanks
0 Likes
userlYwtlCVPkT
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tv remote doesn't change volume. This community, reddit, CNET, quora, and even Amazon customers' product reviews have tons of Samaung tv users who have this same problem.  It persists across many models over many years. The solutions therein, if they work, are temporary. The prob returns.  Ditto for changing channels, apps disappearing, smart hub disappearing, internet connection disappearing, voice command disappearing, etc. I've spent hous and hours on the phone with Samsung tech support with ZERO LASTING RESOLUTION. I am trying to escalate the unresolved issue at Samsung but it has been futile. I wish Samsung would have the desire to actually fix the problem. Seems, by their lack of responsiveness, does not care. Sad. 

Has Amanyone find a lasting fix to all these problems?

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Depending on the model you have, are you able to use SmartThings on your phone to connect to the tv? Then use your phone as a remote and see if it works that way.
0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

FIXED (for now) - Had a similar issue on a UN55MU6300 for months and posted in a separate thread. Problem was too many downloaded apps taking up memory and causing the TV to perform poorly. I performed another Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup), and logged back into my samsung account on the TV. From there, I was finally able to gain access to the SmarTV Apps function. After seeing another similar post describing issues with available memory space, I checked my downloaded apps, and found over a dozen garbage apps that must have auto-downloaded. I deleted every app except those I regularly use, and a small handful of base apps with no option to delete (i.e. Hulu, Prime TV, Vudu, Internet, etc.). This left me with about 11% memory remaining. Miraculously, my volume is no longer stuck and the TV operates normally, going on about an hour. I've adjusted the volume about 50 times already with no issues. First time the TV is behaving normally in about 3 months. Hope this is helpful. Good luck out there.

0 Likes