JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
useriKG1pO6Zru
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

I tried resetting the smart hub , and it works for about a day then when I install some apps like Hulu , Disney+ I start getting the volume issue. Please send out a patch for this because it is very annoying to keep having to reset the smart hub. The volume just gets stuck and can't lower or raise it.

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

FIXED (for now) - Had a similar issue for months on a UN55MU6300 and posted in a separate thread. Problem was too many downloaded apps taking up memory and causing the TV to perform poorly (most notably the stuck volume). I performed another Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup), and logged back into my samsung account on the TV. From there, I was finally able to gain access to the SmarTV Apps function (which I had been unable to access for about two days). After seeing another similar post describing issues with available memory space, I checked my downloaded apps, and found over a dozen garbage apps that must have auto-downloaded. I deleted every app except those I regularly use, and a small handful of base apps with no option to delete (i.e. Hulu, Prime TV, Vudu, Internet, etc.). This left me with about 11% memory remaining. Miraculously, my volume is no longer stuck and the TV operates normally, going on about an hour. I've adjusted the volume about 50 times already with no issues. First time the TV is behaving normally in about 3 months. Hope this is helpful. Really wish Samsung had done an ounce of research and taken care of customers on this one. With the amount of time I've spent troubleshooting and speaking to Samsung Experts, I feel I should be getting 401(k) contributions and dental coverage from Samsung. Good luck out there.

0 Likes
Members_XpAymue
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My series 6 (40) volume gets stuck. It will turn on at volume 6 and no matter what you push, the volume will not move.  Further sometimes the volume just goes off, and there is no volume at all.

Recently, all my apps have been disappearing as well.

I assume they are all related, please advise.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

To better assist you, can you provide us with your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKSEueELzdD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a series 6 model un65mu6300 I have reset smart hub  over and over again but it only lasted a few days and now the volume wont work at all even after I reset the smart hub.  The tv is only a few year old. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried factory resetting the TV? Also, have you tried resetting the remote by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Try deleting the unused apps (if you can even access your apps function) and see if that helps out before agreeing to have a technician come out and charge you $300 for a part you don't need.

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

FIXED (for now) - Had a similar issue on a UN55MU6300 for months and posted in a separate thread. Problem was too many downloaded apps taking up memory and causing the TV to perform poorly. I performed another Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup), and logged back into my samsung account on the TV. From there, I was finally able to gain access to the SmarTV Apps function. After seeing another similar post describing issues with available memory space, I checked my downloaded apps, and found over a dozen garbage apps that must have auto-downloaded. I deleted every app except those I regularly use, and a small handful of base apps with no option to delete (i.e. Hulu, Prime TV, Vudu, Internet, etc.). This left me with about 11% memory remaining. Miraculously, my volume is no longer stuck and the TV operates normally, going on about an hour. I've adjusted the volume about 50 times already with no issues. First time the TV is behaving normally in about 3 months. Hope this is helpful. Good luck out there.

0 Likes
userBotZCloDLG
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My Samsung TV volume will not go up or down. Help

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How is the storage on the television?  Could you try removing some of the apps that you don't really use and then restart the television?  We've had a few cases where this has happened from a lack of memory on the television.  

0 Likes