JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
userLACn0BB9Kd
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have been dealing with this issue for weeks now.

My TV volume gets stuck. I have trying different remotes, tried adjusting the volume at the TV itself, running the self-diagnosis, checking for updates, reseting the smart hub and even going back to factory settings. Nothing seems to work.

This is incrediblly frustrating! I have to deal with this every day and several times a day. I can't put into words how angry this makes me.

Any help out there? Or is it time to go to Sony or Visio for my 4K TV needs?

WhoThat
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have been dealing with the color inversion of my phone for a week now. I just can't get it right at times ( now). I can't use the camera. Anyone knows how to reset?
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
HD and UHD TVs
reset what? there are lots of resets.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
HD and UHD TVs
stuck all the time, all inputs, any connection, too any thing, at all resolutions or just in 4k? is it direct connection via a source like a 4k blu-ray player, streamed via internet and from what service like say Hulu or HBOMAX GO ect..? or is it being mirrored, casted, share viewed of some kind? does it happen in all input source channels like video 1, video 2, nighttime, ect.. whatever your TV calls them? your selected audio preferences like, optical connection, audio theater console, bluetooth... ect. so I can help you troubleshoot your issue and not guide you through wrong steps.
0 Likes
wstockdale
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks. Volume button will on go between 11-14. Mute will not work and the mute button continues to flash.  Model UN65MU6290 / software version T-KTMAKUC-1290.3 / serial <hidden>. I have tried resetting to factory, resetting smart hub, unplugging for 5 minutes.  Please help

userno6XF4KAbI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here with my Series 6.  Volume gets stuck constantly and sometimes the mute button also gets stuck. This seemed to happen in the last week or so, so I'm thinking a sw update issue/bug?  Please help. My  full model code is UN40MU6290. My SW Version is T-KTMAKUC-1290.3

0 Likes
wstockdale
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I still have not found a fix 

0 Likes
userX2f97heXgW
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same for me.  I have a UN55MU630D, same firmware, but my volume issues were happening before the update.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed that I have 0KB available in "Apps".  I deleted some apps to free up space and the volume issue seemed to go away.  But now I'm back to 0KB though all downloaded apps have been deleted and I haven't installed anything new (so I'm not able to delete anything else).  Since then, the volume issue came back for me.

userqkoXQFdg06
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

All of a sudden my TVs power/volume buttons stop working on all remotes (tv / Roku) The only solution  has been to pull out the power cord or turn the tv off using the button on tv, leave off for a minute and turn back on.

any ways to fix? Or do I need to buy a new tv?

thank you!

useruqEMNslSRX
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same problem. Volume gets stuck and goes up by two levels but no more. Now today I have a mute icon blinking. What is going on with Samsing tv's??  I've had my tv for two years and now all of these issues. Very disappointed and frustrated to not see any resolution