JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
userGm5ErgKGFV
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here also but I can’t get tv to connect to internet also I went back and forth with a Samsung person and I sent them serial number and model  number and to me seemed that  once they seen tv wasn’t under warranty anymore they didn’t want to deal with it they told me to bring it somewhere to have it fixed. not happy with Samsung support and products 

0 Likes
userzijQcJh5Px
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I got into this forum looking for solutions about the same problem with my "smart" samsung tv model UN55MU6300 that we bought 3 years ago.  I'm pretty sure they did something with the last software update which is causing this issue.  Calling Samsung support is a waste of time.  Shame of you Samsung!

0 Likes
userZ5Fk0DO2DP
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This drove me crazy as well - the reset steps mentioned in numerous replies either didn't work at all or appeared to work but then the problem returned in a day or so.  Finally it occurred to me that this is really just a computer, so I turned the TV on and then held the power button on the remote until it shut off and then turned on again (about 7-8 seconds), just like you do when a computer gets hung up and won't respond. It acted as if it had been turned on for the first time right out of the box. It took me through all the original set-up steps (more than what it went through with the reset from the settings option). This did the trick and it's been ruining just fine. 

userZ5Fk0DO2DP
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry for my typo, it's been RUNNING just fine. 

userJa1GylWCYa
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Thank you. This worked. I have been going nuts trying to resolve. This is the only thing that fixed the problem. Thank you for taking the time out to share with the rest of us whom have been going crazy trying to resolve this issue.
userzyuAh9LRxO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Model # UN43MU6300 SERIAL#<hidden> volume inoperable won't go up or down.  Tried all community fixes. Removed batteries and pressed power button, reset network, unable to turn SMART HUB off!  Checked for updates via internet and USB. Nothing has worked. 

Please HELP!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The next step would be to have the television serviced.  I would be happy to look into the available options.  Could you send me a private message so that I can look into this a bit more?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userHsNC0VvZt1
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! 

We purchased a 75 in and a 55 in 4K Smart TV in 2018. Recently we noticed the volume seems to get stuck when trying to control it with both Samsung remotes provided when purchasing the TVs, as well as the Apple TV remotes that are also connected. The volume controls mounted directly on the televisions are not effective either. In searching online, I see this is apparently a known issue with Samsung TVs, dating years back, and some people even offer troubleshooting techniques to work around it however, none are successful and I find it a bit ridiculous that after only 2 years both TVs are having the same exact issue.

I also noticed the 55 inch (purchased 5 months after the 75in) is now having issues with the picture appearing extremely dark and not adjusting to any of the TV's picture control settings. This is extremely inconvenient. I had believed Samsung to be the "best" brand when it comes to televisions, but our last TV (also Samsung) developed an issue that required a service technician to come and make an in-home repair. That was about 10 years ago or so. I had confidence that in purchasing these newer models, none of these issues would occur. I am sadly disappointed.  My only solution to address the volume and picture issues is to turn the TVs off and hope after a few minutes it corrects itself. I am very disappointed that I am not able to enjoy them as intended. Both TVs were purchased brand new from Best Buy. I still have receipts for both. I'm wondering how I can go about repairing the issues without additional costs as I don’t see why I should be responsible for what appears to be a clear defect in production. If I have to incur additional cost to repair both televisions, this will unfortunately be the last time I choose to purchase a Samsung TV as I will opt to purchasing a competitive brand in the future. 

user8mRE9uUjNV
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

We purchased a 75 in and a 55 in 4K Smart TV in 2018. Recently we noticed the volume seems to get stuck when trying to control it with both Samsung remotes provided when purchasing the TVs, as well as the Apple TV remotes that are also connected. In searching online, I see this is apparently a known issue with Samsung TVs, dating years back, and some people even offer troubleshooting techniques to work around it however, none are successful and I find it a bit ridiculous that after only 2 years both TVs are having the same exact issue.

I also noticed the 55 inch (purchased 5 months after the 75in) is now having issues with the picture appearing extremely dark and not adjusting to any of the TV's picture control settings. This is extremely inconvenient. I had believed Samsung to be the "best" brand when it comes to televisions, but our last TV (also Samsung) developed an issue that required a service technician to come and make an in-home repair. That was about 10 years ago or so. I had confidence that in purchasing these newer models, none of these issues would occur. I am sadly disappointed.  My only solution to address the volume and picture issues is to turn the TVs off and hope after a few minutes it corrects itself. I am very disappointed that I am not able to enjoy them as intended. Both TVs were purchased brand new from Best Buy. I still have receipts for both. I'm wondering how I can go about repairing the issues without additional costs as I don’t see why I should be responsible for what appears to be a clear defect in production. If I have to incur additional cost to repair both televisions, this will unfortunately be the last time I choose to purchase a Samsung TV as I will opt to purchasing a competitive brand in the future. 

thanks

alexsunny

0 Likes
user8mRE9uUjNV
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@user8mRE9uUjNV wrote:

Hello,

We purchased a 75 in and a 55 in 4K Smart TV in 2018. Recently we noticed the volume seems to get stuck when trying to control it with both Samsung remotes provided when purchasing the TVs, as well as the Apple TV remotes that are also connected. In searching online, I see this is apparently a known issue with Samsung TVs, dating years back, and some people even offer troubleshooting techniques to work around it however, none are successful and I find it a bit ridiculous that after only 2 years both TVs are having the same exact issue.

I also noticed the 55 inch (purchased 5 months after the 75in) is now having issues with the picture appearing extremely dark and not adjusting to any of the TV's picture control settings. This is extremely inconvenient. I had believed Samsung to be the "best" brand when it comes to televisions, but our last TV (also Samsung) developed an issue that required a service technician to come and make an in-home repair. That was about 10 years ago or so. I had confidence that in purchasing these newer models, none of these issues would occur. I am sadly disappointed.  My only solution to address the volume and picture issues is to turn the TVs off and hope after a few minutes it corrects itself. I am very disappointed that I am not able to enjoy them as intended. Both TVs were purchased brand new from Best Buy. I still have receipts for both. I'm wondering how I can go about repairing the issues without additional costs as I don’t see why I should be responsible for what appears to be a clear defect in production. If I have to incur additional cost to repair both televisions, this will unfortunately be the last time https://ometv.onl/ https://chatroulette.top/ https://bazoocam.cam/ I choose to purchase a Samsung TV as I will opt to purchasing a competitive brand in the future. 

thanks

alexsunny

thanks my issue has been fixed.

0 Likes