JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
userO4RVceOtyI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

What is the solution??

Like many others on this forum, I'm having the same problems with my TV (model number, UN50MU630D). We have other issues in addition to the volume problem: the WiFi no longer automatically connects when we turn on the TV; the TVPlus app starts up without our selecting it when we power on the TV; the mute icon flashes on the left side of the screen when the TV is not muted; and when we DO mute the TV, we are unable to un-mute it.

I've also tried all of the proposed solutions that @userYzmTcqrrMp  suggested in this conversation. Some of the suggestions lead to a short-lived resolution to the problems, but then the issues persist the next time we turn on the TV. Please help--my husband is thisclose to swearing off Samsung TVs (and we've purchased ONLY Samsung TVs for the last 15 years), and I refuse to accept the fact that we may need to replace a three-year-old TV that cost nearly $1,000. 

userbJHeKM8smz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Our tv is doing exactly the same things yours is. The Only thing that works is to hold the power button until it restarts. Then it's ok for awhile but it never sticks. I've loved my Samsung TVs but our other one in another room won't connect to the internet anymore. I just bought a Roku to get us by. I'm definitely rethinking our next tv brand. So frustrating. 

userVnpr1eQdhc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

nothing worked for me until i reset the smart hub

userPSKm8DNEzk
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How did you reset the smarthub?!

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, Can you take a look at the link provided? Let me know if this helps with resetting the smart hub.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-reset-smart-hub-in-samsung-smart-tvs/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userP0xalUgnrh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

try resetting the Smart Hub.  Worked for me -  no more issues in five days after months of this problem.

0 Likes
userywEjun4Bpb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the exact same problem! I have tried all of the solutions listed above and nothing works! Glad to know that I am not the only one dealing with this! So annoying! Have to turn off tv and leave it for a while. Usually when I turn it back on, it will work but not always.

@MsBri1 wrote:

Hello @LadyEvil, if you have tried everything that @userYzmTcqrrMp has provided above then send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I can look into this for you. 

MallaLubba
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Here are all the things that will give you temporary relief from this issue. Sometimes that temporary relief is a month sometimes it is only a few hours.

New batteries in the remote.

Powercycle the TV

Pull the plug on TV while it's powered on.

Reset the audio.

Reset the TV to factory default (which doesn't actually reset the TV to factory by the way).

Reset the smart hub.

Hold down and pause until remote is learned.

Change the sound settings in any way whatsoever.

Use Developer Mode in Apps to change anything.

Utilizing flash drives to create more memory.

Many many other tips you will find online.

This is a main card issue and you will see the other symptom of this issue display itself as having no internal memory available when you go to Apps. The real fix is a replacement of the main board which is upwards of $300 if you can do it yourself. It is a classic case of the software causing perfectly good hardware to perform horribly. If Samsung would allow for real reset or reformatting of internal memory, a more substantial fix could be accomplished. 

You can also connect to an external sound system but count your TV permanently flawed if you're seeing this issue.

userrI0XwE5eYo
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have been having issues on my tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, and Dish remote with all having same issue.  While the TV is on, I have to hold down the power button until the TV powers off and back on for it to start working properly.  After a few minutes/hours, I have to repeat this process.  I have tried all of the following and non of it permently fixes the issue.

1. New batteries in the remote

2. Power cycle the TV

3. Reset the audio

4. Reset the TV to factory default

5. Remove batteries from remote, hold power button for 10 seconds

6. Remove batteries from remote, hold power button for 40-50 seconds

7. Hold the 'down' arrow and 'pause buttons simultaneously until a message displays "remote learned"

8. Reset SmartHub

0 Likes
userbxB7Ay7EEF
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am still having this issue after having tried everything listed here. Any further suggestions?

0 Likes