JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-12-2020 03:34 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur when using the remote app on the phone? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
djs_snowgod
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mined is having the same issue and I can't get anybody on here to messge me. 

0 Likes
Solution
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

FIXED (for now) - Had a similar issue for months and posted in a separate thread. Problem was too many downloaded apps taking up memory and causing the TV to perform poorly. I performed another Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup), and logged back into my Samsung account on the TV. From there, I was finally able to gain access to the SmarTV Apps function. After seeing another similar post describing issues with available memory space, I checked my downloaded apps, and found over a dozen garbage apps that must have auto-downloaded. I deleted every app except those I regularly use, and a small handful of base apps with no option to delete (i.e. Hulu, Prime TV, Vudu, Internet, etc.). This left me with about 11% memory remaining. Miraculously, my volume is no longer stuck and the TV operates normally, going on about an hour. I've adjusted the volume about 50 times already with no issues. First time the TV is behaving normally in about 3 months. Hope this is helpful. Good luck out there.

*********************************************************************************

If this does not work for you, service is required. To have service set up, please feel free to reach out to Samsung directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
  2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
  3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

userP0xalUgnrh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello.  For a few months now, the volume will get stuck on our TV.  We have the Samsung remote as well as an Amazon Fire Stick and this happens with both remotes.  Every time we need to either wait 20 minutes or shut everything down for a few minutes and reboot.

I found other forums on this subject without resolution other than sending someone the serial number to look into it.  I've tried reconnecting the wifi in addition to shutting down and still no luck.  There's no rhyme or reason to why this is only a sporadic issue.

Has anyone had luck finding a solution?  We really like our tv and would hate to have to get a new one!

Thanks,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you have any other devices connected to the television besides the firestick? Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can look into this for you. 

0 Likes
userBWWgOYpctA
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the exact same issue.

Also every time i turn my tv on, I have to re-sync the smart remote to have it respond. even after re-syncing every start up, the volume is still only shifting up or down 2 levels. 

i also have trouble changing settings, eg. HDMI-Arc when i try turn this option on it never highlights the box and doesnt work. settings also revert back to standard when exiting the smart hub.

FURTHER i cannot access the E-manual as after it loads in closes itself and gives a error message. 

Model Code - UA43M5500

Serial Number - <HIDDEN>

Software Version - T-KYSUABC-1280.5 , BT - S

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area.

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userD5phzDJfPn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having the issue as well and it's so 🤯

My UN43M5300 JUST turned 3 years old, so I wouldn't expect it to be already acting like a POS🤬 I did a factory reset which solved it for about a month, but I lost all my apps and now it says no room to download them again even though only the factory apps are on there. Why would it allow my personal apps before reset but not now? I am fed up a tech. I am also considering a different brand tv. No way it should be acting up after only 3 years. I thought I liked Samsung and it was a good product😩

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. The first thing you want to do is make sure you have the latest software updates. Second is to cold boot the TV.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

If you continue to have issues with your audio, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you still in need of assistance?

0 Likes